Seed to multiple trackers?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
aqtrans

Seed to multiple trackers?

Post by aqtrans »

Can Deluge currently seed one file to multiple trackers? I tried just adding a torrent from one site, and then adding the other torrent letting it re-check, but it keeps telling me "Torrent Paused: disk read error, torrent uses the same file as another torrent (/media/sda3/the.file.name)".
This is how I used to do things in uTorrent, I'd download something from one site and seed it on multiple trackers.
loki

Re: Seed to multiple trackers?

Post by loki »

No, it doesn't seed identical files to multiple trackers.
deadlikeoscar

Post by deadlikeoscar »

As I understand it, if you use a single torrent to seed to multiple trackers you run the risk of sending incorrect data to the trackers when the client announces. I believe that if you have a torrent that has multiple trackers, the client will announce the TOTAL uploaded to both trackers. Perhaps I am incorrect and someone will correct me but that is what I have been told.
aqtrans

Post by aqtrans »

deadlikeoscar wrote:As I understand it, if you use a single torrent to seed to multiple trackers you run the risk of sending incorrect data to the trackers when the client announces. I believe that if you have a torrent that has multiple trackers, the client will announce the TOTAL uploaded to both trackers. Perhaps I am incorrect and someone will correct me but that is what I have been told.
Well I don't want to put multiple trackers in one torrent, just seed one file to multiple trackers using multiple torrents.
MasterCATZ

Post by MasterCATZ »

I do hope someone makes a plugin with the ability to use regex

multiseed plugin is what I seek Download from Public tracker seed to private trackers

currently ( using linux OS ) I make ln -s links from my completed download to what ever the other torrent paths are for helping seeding
( seedbox has 1000mbs / 1000mbs connection )

most of them are either adding or removing dots / spaces , with a few others having to add different tags to the folder paths

I would use de-dupe options but that does not help much with ratios at the sites I struggle to keep up due to international link speed being bad for uploading .. its got me I can download from international peers fast but barely get any data to them assuming because they have hell fast connections them self s ( servers in France ) peers are in china !!
futerix
New User
New User

Post by futerix »

Oh boy that's the only wish i have for this year :D this is exactly what i'm looking for.
Dose this exist ?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

It's possible yes but be careful. If you're dealing with private tracker adding an item in the tracker list may lead to a ban. Some private tracker check the amount of data sent by the seeder to leecher. If you seed to multiple trackers the amount of data reported by Deluge and the private tracker seeder will differ and you may be suspected of cheating. If you"re convinced the tracker is not doing such check do not forget to install ltconfig plugin and enable below option: "announce to all tiers" & "announce to all trackers"

What about a safer way (I use)? Considering you see on 2 private trackers the same torrent:
-download the file from any tracker (up to completion)
-add in pause (check preferences) the torrent from the 2nd tracker
-point this 2nd to the location of the 1st one. Take care, the folder structures/name/etc needs to be identical
(with some practice you will notice there re few parameter you can deal with in name and folder structure)
- make a force recheck. If it goes up to 100% you're good to go
- unpause the torrent

This way both torrents point to the same file but report the correct amount of data to their respective tracker.
If anyone has a better/other tested proposition please share !