Can't get Deluge to download as fast as kTorrent

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
rcocchiararo
New User
New User

Can't get Deluge to download as fast as kTorrent

Post by rcocchiararo »

Hi there

For a while now, out fo boredom, i have been using Kubuntu (14.10 now) instead of Windows 8.1 (no dual booting).

I started using ktorrent, and it was able to use all of my bandwith (pretty bad internet here, Down: 384 KiB/s / Up: 56 KiB/s, in theory).

The reality is usually 15 tops in upload, 300 down.

Now i started looking into sickrage/sickbeard and flexget, and i need my torrent client to be able to monitor more than one folder, and to download to different ones depending on were the loaded torrent was from, so i came to deluge (which i did not know about before).

The thing is, with the SAME torrent, with stock settings (albeit, forwarding my ports manually in both cases), Deluge was ultra slow (30 KiB/s), while ktorrent was netting me 350 or so.

After tweaking deluge, i got it to almost 200, but that is still really slow. I also noticed that ktorrent ramps up speed really fast, while deluge takes a while to get to whatever max it achieves.

Here are my best settings (so far) for deluge:
Settings and speed demo
Settings and speed demo
deluge.png (50.79 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
Here i have the same for ktorrent:
ktorrent.png
ktorrent.png (92.05 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
As you can see, ktorrent has way more DHT nodes, and is faster.

Any help will be appreciated XD

ps: all the ports each client uses/lists are forwarded to my pc
ps2: my pc has a SSD for the OS, and bigger HDDs for data storage, 18GB of RAM and the cpu is an intel core i7 920 (old, but still fast :P)
rcocchiararo
New User
New User

Re: Can't get Deluge to download as fast as kTorrent

Post by rcocchiararo »

Just tried transmission (using the same port as deluge).

It also started SLOW, but got as fast as ktorrent.
rcocchiararo
New User
New User

Post by rcocchiararo »

Further testing shows that if i download multiple torrents, i can max my conection't bandwith, it is in single ones that i am left with less used bandwith.

I found no other client that would monitor different folders and download to different folders based on that, so i need to make deluge work :(

It seems to be a deluge issue, since it does not happen on other clients, and i have seen multiple reports arround the web of different people with different OSes at different points in time who had the SMAE issue (deluge slower than other clients).
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Try the ltConfig plugin, for me slow speed issues were related to memory and libtorrent settings.
rcocchiararo
New User
New User

Post by rcocchiararo »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:Try the ltConfig plugin, for me slow speed issues were related to memory and libtorrent settings.
I will look for that plugin.

My computer has 18gb of RAM, so i doubt i have issues on that front >P

I changed nothing more and enabled 3 torrents at a time, so that the max speed can be acchieved as a whole for now.