Installing deluge centos 7

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
krizzo
New User
New User

Installing deluge centos 7

Post by krizzo »

I've been trying to build deluge-1.3.11 and install it on a fresh minimal centos 7. It's trying to compile libtorrent and erroring due to the boost_filesystem_version because setting it to version 2 I have libtorrent and rb_libtorrent installed from the EPEL.

Has anyone had success on installing and running deluge with centos 7? Would it be bad to modify the gcc command and set the boost filesystem version to 3?

deluge-1.3.11
libtorrent 0.13.4
rb_torrent 0.16.17

Code: Select all

running build_py
copying deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.2-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/Extractor-0.4-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/Execute-1.3-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/Blocklist-1.3-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.1-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.04-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
copying deluge/plugins/Label-0.2-py2.7.egg -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/deluge/plugins
running build_ext
building 'libtorrent' extension
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -fPIC -I./libtorrent -I./libtorrent/include -I./libtorrent/include/libtorrent -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include -I -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c ./libtorrent/src/bt_peer_connection.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/./libtorrent/src/bt_peer_connection.o -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG -DTORRENT_USE_OPENSSL=1 -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2 -DBOOST_ASIO_SEPARATE_COMPILATION -O2 -Wno-missing-braces
In file included from /usr/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:24:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/filesystem/fstream.hpp:21,
                 from ./libtorrent/include/libtorrent/debug.hpp:45,
                 from ./libtorrent/include/libtorrent/bt_peer_connection.hpp:43,
                 from ./libtorrent/src/bt_peer_connection.cpp:42:
/usr/include/boost/filesystem/config.hpp:16:5: error: #error Compiling Filesystem version 3 file with BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION defined != 3
 #   error Compiling Filesystem version 3 file with BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION defined != 3
     ^
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Installing deluge centos 7

Post by Cas »

libtorrent 0.13.4 is irrelevant here, that's solely for rtorrent.

If you have already installed rb_libtorrent then deluge should not be trying to compile libtorrent as well. Verify it is installed before installing deluge:

Code: Select all

python -c "import libtorrent; print libtorrent.version"
krizzo
New User
New User

Re: Installing deluge centos 7

Post by krizzo »

Thanks Cas, that would be the issue. Every site I read when searching kept saying libtorrent which I was very confused as I was 98% positive deluge didn't use it, installed it anyway just encase. They didn't specify that they meant the python library libtorrent. As soon as I saw your python code I realized my error. Thanks for the help.