Invalid File [Errno 24] Too many open files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
maaku113
New User
New User

Invalid File [Errno 24] Too many open files

Post by maaku113 »

Hey
Everytime i try to add a new torrent i get this Error Message (See attached Picture).
After a little research i found out that Deluge is spamming my Appdata/Local/Temp folder with a huge number of 0KB Temp files.
The names of those files are like this:
tmp_qmktr
tmp_en3uy

At the moment there are over 2k of those files and there are only 25 torrents active.
When i close Deluge, i can delete all of them. When i start it up again, Deluge starts re-populating the directory with the same files.
If i manage to add the new torrent file right after a new start, the error does not appear.
Googling the error told me to up my ulimit size, since that is not an option in Windows, i have no idea what to try next.

Deluge Version: 1.3.11

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Error Message
Error Message
Capture.PNG (13.22 KiB) Viewed 2925 times
b9AcE
New User
New User

Re: Invalid File [Errno 24] Too many open files

Post by b9AcE »

Have you changed any of the libtorrent options with for example the ltconfig-plugin?
If so, try reverting the changes to see if the problem goes away and then you can tweak those options one by one until you find what specifically breaks stuff.
I had a similar problem on a Linux machine when I changed the "file_pool_size" option (restoring it to default removed that problem).
maaku113
New User
New User

Re: Invalid File [Errno 24] Too many open files

Post by maaku113 »

I didn't change any settings from Deluge, except for the Bandwidth and the queue tab.
And i have no plugins installed. :(

Thanks for the help though