[Solved] How to remove old Deluge version

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
omelette
New User
New User

[Solved] How to remove old Deluge version

Post by omelette »

I installed the buggy (on Lucid) 1.3.10 a month or so ago. It wouldn't start (being buggy!) so I came to this forum, found a post where someone explained how to alter the source so that it would work - which I did, and it did work!

Fast-forward to today. I've just been prompted to install a Deluge update, which I did, but noticed on running it that it still said it was version 1.3.10. But a check with Synaptic tell me that 1.3.11 is indeed installed. When I uninstall Deluge via Synaptic, 1.3.11 is removed but the menu option remains and 1.3.10 is still installed & executable. I thought I was being clever downloading the 1.3.10 source, rebuilding and reinstalling Deluge just now, as I thought this would fix things, then allow me to update to the current version. Unfortunately although the manual-install is successful, Synaptic is still unaware that Deluge is in fact installed, so there's no way to remove the old version! Worse, the old version is buggy, so it doesn't even run!!!

Sorry for being so long-winded but I thought a full explanation might help! What I really want to know is, how do I remove the old version properly - the system variable still points to it as executing 'deluge' from the terminal starts it, as does the Deluge menu-item - or rather, it tries to execute, but being 1.3.10 and buggy, fails to launch! And why does installing the current version not update these items???
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Problem after installing Deluge 1.3.11...

Post by Cas »

omelette
New User
New User

Re: Problem after installing Deluge 1.3.11...

Post by omelette »

Thanks, sorted.