Windows deluge to deluged daemon ubuntu cannot connect

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
niroice
New User
New User

Windows deluge to deluged daemon ubuntu cannot connect

Post by niroice »

Hey everyone I'm having issue connecting windows deluge as thin client to deluged daemon on ubuntu. Iv searched high and low and cant find anything that has helped. I can connect by web browers using IPADDRESS:8112 just fine but i want to be able to use deluge client to connect to servers daemon. Iv entered all the details like servers ip address, port number, username and password but the start local daemon button is still grayed out and red circles next to the connections. Image

I currently have the following packages installed:
deluge 1.3.10 installed on windows 8.1
Deluged 1.3.10 installed on ubuntu server (its a media server)
Deluge-web 1.3.10 on ubuntu server
deluge-console 1.3.10 on ubuntu server

Things I have tried:

ubuntu:
-added username:password:level to the deluge auth file on ubuntu (echo "MyUsername:MyPassword:10" >> ~/.config/deluge/auth) and even tried windows auth file under %appdata%
-port forwarded 58846 on router for ubuntu servers ip address both UDP and TCP

Windows 8.1
-added 58846 to windows firewall both UDP and TCP, allows all connections
-unenabled classic mode, enabled allow remote connection and restarted deluge, also allowed remote connection in ubuntu deluge-console
- I have entered the serversIP address as host, 58846 as port address and entered username and password added to auth file.

I really done understand why its not working is really frustrating. Any help would be great!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Windows deluge to deluged daemon ubuntu cannot connect

Post by Cas »

If this is on local network following the Thinclient guide it will just work. You need to triple-check everything and don't assume anything.
niroice
New User
New User

Post by niroice »

I have tried and double checked everything that I know off. The only thing that i have changed now is installed deluge-console, now im getting error with it :Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Username does not exist" even though iv added echo "username:password:10" >> ~/.config/deluge/auth. Could the problem with deluge-console be due to script that was added to make deluged run at start up?

Do I need deluge-console for thin client to work?

This is the original guide i followed to install deluged :
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... ght=deluge

This is the thin client guide:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient
niroice
New User
New User

Post by niroice »

UPDATE: Got it to finally work! after many installs! It was something so simple I was adding username and password to /.config/deluge/auth like in the guides but the username,password and level needed to be added to /var/lib/deluge/auth.

UPDATE 2: Now im having issues with the network connection keeps dropping out to mediaserver. The rest of my network is fine. Even the mounted drives from the ubuntu media server keep dropping out and freezing since Iv started using deluge. Has anyone heard of this?