"no incoming connections" but seems to be working (mostly)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

"no incoming connections" but seems to be working (mostly)

Post by TheShanMan »

I upgraded from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9 (windows) and now I always see "no incoming connections" in the status bar. I can't say for sure it wasn't there before but I don't remember it. Seeding and leeching seem to be working although I suspect they may not be working optimally (haven't had enough activity to really confirm that suspicion).

If I do "test active port" it comes back green and the chosen port (explicitly chosen port, not a random port) is enabled in my firewall - there has been no change of port since the upgrade.

What might this be indicating and how do I fix it?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: "no incoming connections" but seems to be working (mostl

Post by Cas »

The test active port is actually code in Deluge and not quite the same as 'no incoming connections' which is libtorrent code. It could be if you have set a single port when you restart Deluge is unable to reuse the port (this will be fixed in future major release).
TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by TheShanMan »

So you're saying that status is determined at startup and won't ever go away even though the problem went away? So I should just restart to get it to go away?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

See if restarting clears the notice otherwise you could test with a range of 2 or 3 ports and see if it clears. Unless there is a bug, which is unlikely, that status notice should clear if the listen port is working.
TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by TheShanMan »

If I see upload and download activity, doesn't that mean it's working? The notice has been up while I've watched uploading to peers and downloading. Can it reflect a limited problem? I currently have a torrent I've been trying to download for days with just one seeder and it has yet to start, even though other torrents have downloaded fine. I assumed that the seeder just hasn't accepted a connection from me for whatever reason but I've also wondered if this is part of an actual problem on my end, and if the message could be related to this inability to start.
TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by TheShanMan »

Restarting didn't help but changing it to a range of 3 ports did (it chose a different port than I had been using). All 3 ports are port forwarded (and the 1 was port forwarded before). So why would a singe port stop working in 1.3.9 but a range of 3 does work?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

TheShanMan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by TheShanMan »

That specifically calls out Linux and this is Windows, not to mention the fact that I didn't have this problem before upgrading *and* I was getting incoming connections. Weird.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Low-level networking is no different on linux or windows...