Deluge beyond NAT, ThinkClient only SSH tunneling [Solved]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Wendigo
New User
New User

Deluge beyond NAT, ThinkClient only SSH tunneling [Solved]

Post by Wendigo »

Hi all,

I'm setting up a deluge 1.3.3 running on Raspbian to be accessed remotely with ThinClient. The Raspberry is inside a LAN and connects to the internet through an ADSL router (Comtrend AR-5387un). For the setup I have followed the guide that can be found at http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient.

Download ports are opened using UPnP, which is enabled in the router, while ports for daemon and WebUi are set manually and forwarded in the NAT table of the router, both TCP and UDP. SSH port is also forwarded.

Deluge seems to be working like a charm, downloading torrents at fast speeds. I can see the router's NAT table updating when UPnP opens different ports. ThinClient and WebUi are correctly accesed from other computers inside the same LAN. However, I'm unable to connect to neither of them from a computer outside the LAN by directly connecting to their respective ports from ThinClient or the web browser. I'm also unable to connect using Transdroid, so it doesn't seem a problem of the network you try to connect from. Also, I'm perfectly able to connect ThinClient using an SSH tunnel, so it doesn't seem to be a problem of network accesibility or port forwarding, as SHH port and daemon port are configured the same way in the router.

On the ThinClient guide it sais that form 1.2 on SSH tunneling was not necessary as everithing is encripted. In deluge settings, encription seems to be enabled, so I did expect it would work without problems.

I don't know what can I be missing. Any hint?

Thank you and best regards
Last edited by Wendigo on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge beyond NAT, ThinkClient only with SSH tunneling

Post by Cas »

Are you using your external ip and have you verified that the deluged port 58846 is accessible from the internet, e.g. http://canyouseeme.org/?
Wendigo
New User
New User

Re: Deluge beyond NAT, ThinkClient only with SSH tunneling

Post by Wendigo »

Yes, the external IP was correct (I was actually connecting through ssh) and the port was accesible from the internet, as reported by canyouseeme.org.

Anyway, the problem is solved now. It seemed to be a combination of restrictions that my ISP had put in my router's default configuration with restrictions I was unaware of in the opened output ports at the remote network.

Thank you for your help.