Deluge not downloading even though it has connections

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jason.lyle88
New User
New User

Deluge not downloading even though it has connections

Post by jason.lyle88 »

My deluge client is not downloading anything. I have connections (to seeds and peers), I test the port and it is okay, but it doesn't actually have anything listed in the download or upload speeds and the download % doesn't move. Any ideas?

I just updated to the development release to try this with the newer version of lib-torrent, and I am still getting the same problem (Deluge Client: 1.37, Deluge Server: 1.37, lib-torrent: 1.0.1.0). I am on Ubuntu 14.04. Except for the occasional tracker_error_alert or on_alert_tracker_error, I do not see any errors in the deamon.log file on debug level.

Deluge really has everything I am looking for, and I would love to keep using it, but if it is a torrent client that can't download torrents, I can't justify trying to use it.
Attachments
2nd line, Screen grab of the torrent connected to seeds and peers but no download or upload speed
2nd line, Screen grab of the torrent connected to seeds and peers but no download or upload speed
deluge_not_downloading.png (15.06 KiB) Viewed 6725 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge not downloading even though it has connections

Post by Cas »

Try latest 1.0 libtorrent or latest 0.16 version, you will need to provide a lot detail because there is nothing to go on here.
jason.lyle88
New User
New User

Post by jason.lyle88 »

Tell me what all will be useful in diagnosing this problem and I will gladly provide it. Also how would I go about changing to a different version of libtorrent and what are the differences between 1.0 and .16?
jason.lyle88
New User
New User

Post by jason.lyle88 »

It appears that this problem is only happening when I am downloading to my NAS. I have my NAS connected to my server via CIFS in the FSTAB file with credentials, file mode, directory mode, uid and gid set. The problem only sometimes occurs, so it is not a permissions problem. Any thoughts on to what the problem would be downloading to a CIFS mounted drive?
admiralsmith
New User
New User

Post by admiralsmith »

Yup, external drives get disconnected when using torrent clients. I had the same problem. I have a 64GB hard drive and I download to my external 2TB drive so I figured I would just boot from the 2TB drive and download from it. Maybe you can use a custom mount point. Maybe even make a root level hard link to your device.