Deluged.log never populating

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
protoxdeluge
New User
New User

Deluged.log never populating

Post by protoxdeluge »

This is my first post. I was going to post about a different issue I'm having with the AutoAdd plugin, but I can't find a log file that's not empty.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit, Deluge client/server both at 1.3.7, libtorrent 0.16.17.0. Every time I delete "deluged.log" from AppData/Roaming/deluge, it will recreate it when I reopen Deluge. There is never any data inside the file. I've tried opening the app using the command prompt and typing "deluge.exe -L debug" which opens the program and creates the log file but still no entries in it. I've double checked that my normal shortcut doesn't enable any compatibility modes either. When I ran Deluge in classic mode, it wouldn't create the log file. Unchecking this box in preferences makes the log on relaunch. I have the AutoAdd plugin enabled as well as the Label plugin.

Does anyone have anything for me to try or somewhere else to look? Is there a file I should delete to reset something?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluged.log never populating

Post by Cas »

By default deluged with log errors so if you have no errors there will be no entries in the log file... If you want debug logging See the faq on logging to a file.
protoxdeluge
New User
New User

Post by protoxdeluge »

I have launched Deluge using this command from the command prompt.

Code: Select all

deluge.exe -L debug
This will start the client and server, recreate an empty deluged.log file in the default location, and no data is ever written to it unless I try to launch the daemon while it's already running. I can not get either daemon or gui to launch when specifying another file to log to using this command

deluge.exe -L debug -l newlog.log
If I'm typing these commands incorrectly, please let me know.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Path for the log file need to be absolute i.e. C:\log.log
protoxdeluge
New User
New User

Post by protoxdeluge »

I just tried launching with the following code and couldn't get the app to start or a log file to be created

deluge.exe -L debug -l C:\log.log
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I don't know what you are doing but it does work and if you want to specifically log deluged then you need to run deluged.exe with logging enabled.
protoxdeluge
New User
New User

Post by protoxdeluge »

Hi Cas,

I got everything to load up and the log to build by running cmd.exe in administrator mode. Might be worth adding this to the FAQ. I didn't think it was necessary since deluge opened as long as I wasn't using the "-l" switch. Thanks for your help! Now to try and figure out how to get more detailed logs from the AutoAdd plugin portion. I'll start a new thread for that issue, tho.

Best,
protoxdeluge