Running Deluge as Daemon AND as a local client

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Herdo
New User
New User

Running Deluge as Daemon AND as a local client

Post by Herdo »

Hello everyone. I currently have Deluge setup along with Sickbeard and Plex on my HTPC. Sickbeard pulls my weekly shows and adds them to my watch folder where Deluge picks them up. It's all working great, however I also use a seedbox for movies and season torrents.

What I'd like to do is run Deluge as a local client at all times on the HTPC like normal, but also have a second shortcut of some kind on my desktop I can click on to access another client not in "classic mode" (daemon) connected to my seedbox. Is this possible? If so, what is the easiest way of doing this? I'm using Windows 8.1 on my HTPC.

Thanks in advance.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Running Deluge as Daemon AND as a local client

Post by Cas »

What's wrong with also running a daemon on your HTPC and auto-connecting using the connection manager option.
Herdo
New User
New User

Post by Herdo »

I honestly have no idea what any of that means, haha. Maybe I'm just tired. Is there documentation somewhere I can read on how to do that? Thanks for the reply.
Herdo
New User
New User

Post by Herdo »

Yep, I was too tired to understand your response, haha. I just came back and read it again and it makes perfect sense. I set it up and it seemed almost too easy, but I assume that is because I am running it locally. All I did was launch deluged, then launched Deluge and it asked me to switch from classic mode. Now I can log into both and deluged stays running when I close down the Deluge client and when I connect to the seedbox. It's a much cleaner approach as well because it runs in the background.

Thanks so much Cas, you are awesome!