General support for problems installing or using Deluge
NuttBoxer

Deluge Seeding Slow/Non-existent

Post by NuttBoxer »

Environment:
Ubuntu 14.04 headless server
deluge 1.3.6
libtorrent 0.16.16.0

During download I do an ok amount of seeding, though not really near my max. Once torrents start seeding I'm getting hardly any upload. I had fixed this before by updating to the last libtorrent-rasterbar version, but I don't think there's anything later than 16 for my setup. I am running through a VPN and proxy, but this didn't affect my download speed. Is there something extra I need to do when seeding through VPN and proxy?
Kimiko

Re: Deluge Seeding Slow/Non-existent

Post by Kimiko »

Sounds like the same problem I'm having (forum post, bug ticket). I hope Cas gets around to looking into it.
NuttBoxer

Post by NuttBoxer »

I see in the rasterbar site libtorrent is up to 1.0.0 now, has anyone tried this version with deluge 1.3.6? Since my problem was libtorrent last time, another update could be the fix I need.
davidm
New User
New User

Post by davidm »

I'm not sure if this is your exact issue. Most likely not but in general I thought I would mention that I was seeing something like this where I was never seeding or only getting 0.1 KiB/s for speed and it turned out that I had a combination of the upload bandwidth restriction being set to like 40 KiB/s and "Rate Limit IP overhead checked. Then I noticed protocol upload traffic was about 34-37 KiB/s (downloading also generates increasing upload protocol related traffic). So it looks like in that case it was hitting the upload limit and I did not initially realize this (this may not be clear to many users). After increasing the limit to 90 KiB/s things got better.

Also I set up port forwarding and disabled upnp, LSD, and NAT-PMP. I didn't test with each setting individual(which would be the proper way to isolate what made the difference) so it's possible one of these other settings may have made the difference as I well. In any event it works beautifully now in my case. :)
NuttBoxer

Post by NuttBoxer »

This does seem to improve my upload speed, but only on torrents that are still downloading. The rest show little to no activity. Just upgraded to 1.3.7 as it was added for Trusty to the PPA, but doesn't seem to be a fix in this build...
NuttBoxer

Post by NuttBoxer »

This was a libtorrent issue. I installed the ltconfig plugin, removed all limit settings, and disabled outgoing utp, that seems to have mostly fixed it. Only better solution would be to compile latest libtorrent as I believe utp issue is supposed to be fixed there.