Deluge safe with proxy?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ham
New User
New User

Deluge safe with proxy?

Post by ham »

Just wanted to know if Deluge is reliable to not leak my IP to the swarm when using the socks5 proxy feature?

I know for a fact that qBittorrent will revert to your regular internet connection if it can't connect to the socks5 proxy server which is what I don't want happening.

Also if it's reliable when you pause/start and startup the program in between downloads. Sorry I don't know much about this :lol:.

Also saw an article to disable ipv6 when torrenting with this command: netsh interface teredo set state disabled ... and also I tried one of those websites that gives magnet to check your ip and it did show my proxy IP ...
ham
New User
New User

Re: Deluge safe with proxy?

Post by ham »

Tested a proxy on Deluge 1.3.7 and it turns out that it'll start downloading even if you enter a non-working proxy. I used a proxy from torguard with some random username and password and it started to download a file even though it shouldn't.

I did this same experiment with 1.3.6 and it didn't start downloading.

I think it's a problem with libtorrent 0.16.16 that 1.3.7 uses. The latest qbittorent also uses 0.16.16 and it also bypasses your proxy if it can't connect to it.

dariox

Re: Deluge safe with proxy?

Post by dariox »

Hi,

Any update on this bug?
Sadly it is still present as of Deluge 1.3.11 and I think it should really be addressed, as it represents a major security flaw.

Has a bug report been opened in the bug tracker already? I couldn't find one.

Please let me know, thanks!