Can't select individual torrent files to download, even...

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Elen The Mellon
New User
New User

Can't select individual torrent files to download, even...

Post by Elen The Mellon »

... with "full allocation" selected.

I downloaded the .torrent link, instead of just hitting the magnet link. I then went to Add torrent > Files, selected the .torrent link, and then de-selected the files I didn't want to download. However, upon completion of the download, I found that the files I had de-selected had been downloaded anyway. When I manually deleted them from the folder, Deluge then stopped seeding the remaining files, saying only "Error" where the seeding bar should have been. So now I can't seed the torrent, unless I re-download those files that I don't want.

Does anyone know how to download only some, not all, of the files at a .torrent link, and then seed the ones you do have?

(I'm using Deluge 1.3.6, on Ubuntu 14.04, on a laptop with an Intel I3 processor, and 4 GB of RAM.)
Elen The Mellon
New User
New User

Re: Can't select individual torrent files to download, even.

Post by Elen The Mellon »

>that file will also be created, although not necessarily entirely downloaded

So, does that mean the files that I saw were just empty husks, and not actually full files? Because one of my programs recognized them as valid files that it could read.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Can't select individual torrent files to download, even.

Post by Cas »

well obviously if the header of the file is an overlapping part then that would be the case