Mobile App Released

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
RangerRick
New User
New User

Mobile App Released

Post by RangerRick »

In case anyone is interested, I've written a simple mobile app for Deluge. It talks to the deluge-web ReST interface on 8112 (so you'll need deluge-web installed to use it). It lets you view the list of torrents, as well as pause/resume, delete (with or without data), and add new URLs.

If you are not of the build-and-install to your phone persuasion (<g>), it's now available in the Google Play store for Android, and will be in the Apple app store assuming it gets approved in the next week or so.
adampski
New User
New User

Re: Mobile App Released

Post by adampski »

Looks good, but have you seen TransDroid?
RangerRick
New User
New User

Post by RangerRick »

I primarily use iOS; I have an HP TouchPad with CyanogenMod on it, but rarely use it. But, since I wrote the app in HTML5 and PhoneGap, Android support was basically free, and the Google Play store approves things faster than Apple. :)

But yeah, on Android at least, there's TransDroid. Haven't actually tried it, but it looks nice. This was mostly just to scratch my own itch on iOS, and Android is along for the ride.
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

Since Apple has a fairly hard stance against Bittorrent apps and remotes for Bittorrent apps I don't see this getting approved or if it is, not staying online long.

This would solve one major issue I have with deluge, however a mobile interface added to the webUI might be the ultimate universal option.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Lazybones, feel like writing some webui patches? ;)
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

Cas wrote:Lazybones, feel like writing some webui patches? ;)
Python is just not my thing... Anything more than a minor hack and it is not going to be pretty.