Switching from Transmission to Deluge and Checking Files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Jehmimah
New User
New User

Switching from Transmission to Deluge and Checking Files

Post by Jehmimah »

Hi, I've just recently installed deluge on my debian minimal box to use for seeding. I previously used transmission and would like to keep the transfers I had active in transmission active in deluge as well without being forced to re-download all of the files (over 580GB of data.) Is there a way to check the files for a torrent in the deluge web client so I can simply use an old file instead of re-downloading? Any help would be greatly appreciated, my host would also like it because otherwise it's going to be lots of peer to peer connections for him.
Jehmimah
New User
New User

Re: Switching from Transmission to Deluge and Checking Files

Post by Jehmimah »

Nvm, for anyone who may read this thread and has the same problem I found the solution. First, I deleted everything in incomplete. Then I highlighted all transfers and moved them to the directory where the files were actually being stored an forced a re-check on all 192 transfers. It took a while, but it all happened in the background and it worked for me.
flipy

Re: Switching from Transmission to Deluge and Checking Files

Post by flipy »

Just wanted to thank you, I too was moving from Transmission to Deluge and adding the torrents didn't trigger a recheck at first.
After pausing all them, deleteing the temporary files, moving to final storage and rechecking each file, it worked!