Deluge 1.3.6, The Private Flag?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ellipsys
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.6, The Private Flag?

Post by Ellipsys »

Hello all. I was wondering if someone could please inform me about how Deluge handles Private torrents / the Private flag at current. I would very much like to use PEX/DHT for my "open" torrents, but still ensure that on Private torrents (especially those from private trackers) do not utilize these features. However, I'm finding it difficult to tell if a given torrent is Private or not. For instance, I've used some torrents downloaded from a Private site, and when I look at that torrent's information tab during downloading and/or seeding the word "Private" is grayed out, without a dot next to it etc. I also downloaded a file from a public site and found the same thing. There seems to be no indication when I set up the download if the torrent is going to be treated as Private or not - the only option is available at torrent creation, but I'm not talking about torrents I create myself! I have every expectation to believe that torrents created for a private tracker etc... would have the private flag set at creation, however I'd like to be able to confirm this is the case for myself, as well as confirm that Deluge is properly "seeing" said flag.

Switching to another torrent client, TransmissionQT, reveals that the Torrent DOES have a private flag. In its properties/info box TransmissionQT (also windows version) shows it as "Privacy: Private to this tracker - DHT and PEX disabled". It should seem that Deluge should also be able to report this information. For record, I am using Deluge 1.3.6 Windows version at the moment.

Thank you.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 1.3.6, The Private Flag?

Post by Cas »

Strange, can you PM me an example torrent please.
Ellipsys
New User
New User

Post by Ellipsys »

Sent as per your request. Thank you much for your time and swift response.

Oh, and just for confirmation I'm currently using the Windows version of 1.3.6 that's "standard" . http://download.deluge-torrent.org/wind ... -setup.exe . I also noticed there was a version with Python 2.7 and possibly another version of libtorrent - http://download.deluge-torrent.org/wind ... 0.16.8.exe . Should I also test on that version as well, as it appears to be a little newer?

Edit: Attempted using the py2.7 version of 1.3.6 with libtorrent 0.16.8 - still "private" grayed out with a grayed out checkbox too. Unfortunate, but I figured it was worth a shot.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Just to confirm is the checkbox ticked or unticked? The private flag is always greyed out because it can't be changed after the torrent is created. (It shouldn't really be in the Options tab at all)

uTP is supported in libtorrent 0.16 but is actually disabled for the windows build it will be solved for next major release when all the extra options will be available.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Ahah it's a theme issue for Windows, if you enable the webui and check there you should see the private flag set.

Bug ticket: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2367