Strange Upload Behavior and some other questions about Bandw

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
somedude
New User
New User

Strange Upload Behavior and some other questions about Bandw

Post by somedude »

Hey,

I'm new to the whole deluge community and the client itself. I prior used azureus but had some memory problems with it. so i try (and want to switch to deluge).

But currently i experience some strange upload behavior of deluge.
I currently have 3 torrent files in my download list.
two with status "seeding" and one at "download". my max upload is set to 25 and i have max connections of 300. download speed is -1, no per torrent settings.

the max connections are most of the time at 300 but the upload speed is most of the time < 20, some times 4 up to 6 . so thats really low, another problem is, that deluge don't upload to the "seeding" files and the fileshave 0 to 3 peers. but while i downloading them it had > 300 peers and seeds and uploading fine (ok not fine but it uploaded something)

So how could i tell deluge to use the full given upload speed and upload to torrents with status "seeding".

Whats your settings and how could i enhance the upload and download performance.

Another Question, does deluge respect the "private" flag for private trackers? and does not use DHT for this torrents?

thanks
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Strange Upload Behavior and some other questions about Bandw

Post by markybob »

somedude wrote:So how could i tell deluge to use the full given upload speed and upload to torrents with status "seeding".
deluge uploads to clients that connect to it and ask for stuff. if no one asks, there's no uploading. it's that simple. you cant push data up and force it to people
somedude wrote: Whats your settings and how could i enhance the upload and download performance.
go into preferences, in the network tab and click on 'test active port' ...it should open up your browser to our site which will tell you if your port is open properly. if it's not, make sure you forward it on your router (i.e. wireless gateway?). also, make sure you're not using the default ports. those are often blocked by isps. and make sure you have encryption enabled
somedude wrote: Another Question, does deluge respect the "private" flag for private trackers? and does not use DHT for this torrents?
yes
somedude
New User
New User

Re: Strange Upload Behavior and some other questions about Bandw

Post by somedude »

go into preferences, in the network tab and click on 'test active port' ...it should open up your browser to our site which will tell you if your port is open properly. if it's not, make sure you forward it on your router (i.e. wireless gateway?). also, make sure you're not using the default ports. those are often blocked by isps. and make sure you have encryption enabled
i allow the remote connections on the specific ports i configurated. i also enabled the encryption for incoming and outgoing.
deluge uploads to clients that connect to it and ask for stuff. if no one asks, there's no uploading. it's that simple. you cant push data up and force it to people
i know but why does i don't have as much as peers and seeds i had while downloading the file? currently the files seeding have 0, 0 all the time but if i take a look at the tracker stats for the file i see more seeds and peers.

another thing is, deluge don't use the full upload speed. ok i only wondering.. it could be the torrents or something else, but i remember azureus uses my full upload. could it be the encryption? that not all clients understands it?.

i try with another torrent, hope i could keep the ratio up with this one.

thanks