Mad cpu usage

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
RushingMonkey
New User
New User

Mad cpu usage

Post by RushingMonkey »

hi everybody

I've noticed that Deluge randomly takes my cpu usage to 100% (I'm monitoring it with conky), and then it stays like that until I pause the torrents or close the program. moreover, sometimes the torrents completely stop when the cpu usage sticks to 100%, even if there are lots of seeds and peers.

I'm using 0.5.5 on Ubuntu Feisty. processor is a Pentium4 @ 2.93GHz.

also, I'm pretty sure that UPnP doesn't work (no incoming connections, speed is way lower than it should be, both upload and download).
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Mad cpu usage

Post by markybob »

RushingMonkey wrote:hi everybody

I've noticed that Deluge randomly takes my cpu usage to 100% (I'm monitoring it with conky), and then it stays like that until I pause the torrents or close the program. moreover, sometimes the torrents completely stop when the cpu usage sticks to 100%, even if there are lots of seeds and peers.

I'm using 0.5.5 on Ubuntu Feisty. processor is a Pentium4 @ 2.93GHz.

also, I'm pretty sure that UPnP doesn't work (no incoming connections, speed is way lower than it should be, both upload and download).
do you have the torrent pieces plugin enabled? if so, disable it. also, are you using full allocation or compact? full is better for cpu usage. if you want working upnp, get svn, as there's been various upnp fixes in it
RushingMonkey
New User
New User

Post by RushingMonkey »

you mean the plugin that let me set the priority of the files and so on? (sorry, I have a localized version) I'll try to disable it then, but I find it very useful :cry: hope it won't be the only solution.

I had already tried to use full allocation, but the problem remains.

about UPnP, I think I'll wait for it to be working in an official release. manually port forwarding is not a problem ;)

thank you for the answer and keep up the good work!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

RushingMonkey wrote:you mean the plugin that let me set the priority of the files and so on? (sorry, I have a localized version) I'll try to disable it then, but I find it very useful :cry: hope it won't be the only solution.

I had already tried to use full allocation, but the problem remains.

about UPnP, I think I'll wait for it to be working in an official release. manually port forwarding is not a problem ;)

thank you for the answer and keep up the good work!
no, that's the torrent files plugin. there's a different one called torrent pieces, which has been linked to high cpu usage.
RushingMonkey
New User
New User

Post by RushingMonkey »

yeah, I figured it out just after posting it... sorry -.- btw no, I hadn't that plugin enabled.

anyway, I've manually forwarded the port and disabled the few plugins I activated (torrent files, speed limiter, network health monitor, torrent peers)... problem solved. then I've reactivated them one by one to figure out which one in particular caused the problem but... cpu usage has been normal in the last few hours :shock:
pruhster

Post by pruhster »

Same problem, still unresovled: 100% CPU usage. All plugins are disabled. Ubuntu Edgy / deluge 0.5.5 / Athlon-XP@1.67GHz here.