Make Deluge Console auto-Connect in Bash Script?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
TechN9ne1730

Make Deluge Console auto-Connect in Bash Script?

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

How can I make deluge-console auto connect to a specific daemon via a bash script? Deluged is running on a non-standard port.

I tried deluge -u console, deluge-console -c .config/deluge/ but nothing auto-connects.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Make Deluge Console auto-Connect in Bash Script?

Post by Cas »

You will need to download the latest code from git 1.3-stable branch as there are some fixes specifically for the connect commands. Then you can run commands like so:

Code: Select all

deluge-console "connect 127.0.0.1:55000; info"
TechN9ne1730

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

So there is no hope if using 1.3 stable? I dont need it now, but I am working on a script to automate the set up should my friends and I move to another box in the future. I doubt it will be anytime soon.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

There are bugs in the current version of Deluge (1.3.5) which prevent you from connecting from the command line.
They have been fixed in the 1.3-stable git branch (which will become version 1.3.6 whenever that gets released).
If you want to be able to connect from a bash script in the meantime, then you will need to download the code.

Hopefully by the time your script is finished 1.3.6 should be released and it should work.