Unable to move torrents after changing running user

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ashex

Unable to move torrents after changing running user

Post by Ashex »

I got tired of resetting permissions on /var/run/deluge whenever I rebooted my system so I changed the user deluged runs under from my account to deluge.
I copied over the config directory to the deluge directory /srv/deluge/.config and it starts up with the torrents and downloads just fine, the problem I'm now having is I can't move torrents.

Before I get into it, here are the basics:

Download Dir: /media/Torrents
Completed Downloads: /media/Torrents/Completed
Custom Dir for label: /media/Videos/Olympics
Deluge Server version: 1.3.5

Previously torrents moved to the Completed Downloads folder without problem, since switching the user they haven't been. I also have special dirs for various labels and this isn't working either. Here is what I've done so far:

• Created a new group called media and added deluge and myself to it
  • Changed group ownership of /media/Torrents to media (recursive)
  • Granted the media group RWX permissions on all files/folders within /media/Torrents
  • Done the above to /media/Videos/Olympics
  • Restarted the deluged daemon to verify that the new group membership took.

Despite all of the above I am not able to move torrents. I've found that if I add a torrent manually and specify a non-existent folder as the destination, it can create it then download the file there but it won't move it from there.

I enabled debugging and all I get from it is the following message:
[WARNING ] 19:41:50 core:393 Error moving torrent a7d6678707512e35817f76dae014dbc3ebf4e9fd to /media/Videos/Olympics

Any ideas?
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Unable to move torrents after changing running user

Post by Spadge »

What version of libtorrent are you using?

We saw some problems back in April with people running Deluge1.3.4 with libtorrent-rasterbar0.16 - downgrading to ltr 0.15.10 fixed it for them.
Ashex

Post by Ashex »

I am running 0.16, I tried downgrading to 0.15 with a package but deluge failed to start so I built deluge from source and got this error which looks to be an error related to libtorrent.
So I started over by trying to build libtorrent from source and had issues, I finally just tried dropping the source for libtorrent in deluge and built it from source and received this error which I've so far failed to work around :/

Update: Fixed the above issues. I've downgraded libtrorrent-rasterbar to 0.15 and boost to .49 and still cannot move torrents.
Rax G
New User
New User

Post by Rax G »

It does indeed seem like libtorrent-rasterbar 0.16 (present only in Arch, yes?) is broken.

Similar problems:
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=39701
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=40751

Downgrading fixed the problems in these cases (however, nobody there has reported about himself using daemon mode). I gotta ask if you did:

Code: Select all

# rc.d restart deluged
I got tired of resetting permissions on /var/run/deluge whenever I rebooted my system so I changed the user deluged runs under from my account to deluge.
Tried modifying initscripts?
Ashex

Post by Ashex »

I had to uninstall deluge and libtorrent in order to downgrade so I started the service from scratch and am still unable to move the torrents.

I previously wasn't able to figure out what was setting ownership of /run/deluge in the deluged init script but I just took a closer look and pgrep is set statically to use the deluge user in the deluge-web script.

Edit: I changed the running user back to my user and I'm able to move files again.