Deluge keeps downloading to my "~/" folder

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
DSpider

Deluge keeps downloading to my "~/" folder

Post by DSpider »

Client: 1.3.5
libtorrent: 0.16.2.0

Anything I try to download is being downloaded to the user folder, regardless of whatever destination I choose. I can't move anything either (right click - Move Storage). The first thing that popped into my head was to close Deluge, rename "~/.config/deluge" to "~/config/deluge.bak" and re-start it. But unfortunately it didn't work, it still behaves this way.

Downgrading the libtorrent-rasterbar package (1:0.16.2-1 => 1:0.16.1-1) and re-starting Deluge didn't help either. Downgrading it even further to libtorrent-rasterbar-1:0.15.10-1 doesn't work at all. At least not in "Classic Mode":
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (68.98 KiB) Viewed 12459 times
DSpider

Re: Deluge keeps downloading to my "~/" folder

Post by DSpider »

Apparently I have to add it twice because the first time I select the destination isn't registering!

Only after removing the torrent (with data) and selecting the previously used folder will work.

It's the only thing that changes the path in the "Details" tab. Moving still doesn't work.

Is this a bug?

Edit: There were also updates to the gtk2 and gtk3 packages recently (which I thought it was weird, because I was under the impression that development was dropped in favour of gtk3):

Code: Select all

[2012-07-22 11:17] upgraded gtk2 (2.24.10-3 -> 2.24.11-1)
[2012-07-22 11:17] upgraded gtk3 (3.4.3-1 -> 3.4.4-1)
[2012-07-22 13:52] upgraded gtk2 (2.24.11-1 -> 2.24.11-2)
They're from around the time I noticed it happening.
DSpider

Post by DSpider »

Bump.
DSpider

Post by DSpider »

Could it be due to the glibc migration thing? Recently, /lib moved to /usr/lib, and is now a symlink. Maybe this screwed something up in Deluge.

This is really pissing me off... I can't be the only one with this problem, right?
mjoelk
New User
New User

Post by mjoelk »

DSpider wrote:Could it be due to the glibc migration thing? Recently, /lib moved to /usr/lib, and is now a symlink. Maybe this screwed something up in Deluge.

This is really pissing me off... I can't be the only one with this problem, right?
You're not alone. I'm also running Arch and I've had this problem since 2-4 weeks ago. I honestly can't tell when exactly this started happening. I've also tried downgrading some stuff and checking pacman's log file. No luck, though...

Other than this issue, I've also noticed that my speed is really bad. I was trying to diagnose what the problem could be yesterday, and I downloaded a torrent with a certain amount of seeders, and my speed in Deluge was 200-300 KiB/sec. I then tried downloading the same torrent with Transmission and maxed my connection (100 Mbit/sec).

This seems Arch specific. I wonder what it could be...
Rax G
New User
New User

Post by Rax G »

Hi guys,

I'm also on Arch, I'm also having this problem (the torrents are always saved to ~/, nothing happens when I'm trying to move one), and I did some research about what package upgrades have cause it.

The folder choosing functionality has been broken somewhere near upgrading deluge to 1.3.5 and libtorrent-rasterbar to 1:0.16. I tried installing some previous Deluge releases (1.3.3-5 and 1.3.4-2), but ain't a thang changed. Continued with trying the last working libtorrent-rasterbar, 1:0.15.10-1. Of course, it didn't work at first.

[rax ~]$ pacman -Qi libtorrent-rasterbar | grep "Depends"
Depends On     : boost-libs  geoip  python2
Python2 is quite stable, geoip isn't likely to cause problems in that part of the torrent client, so I thought the problem was with boost-libs. A little more downgrading, and everything works like a charm.

[rax ~]$ for i in deluge boost-libs libtorrent-rasterbar; do pacman -Ss $i; done
extra/deluge 1.3.5-1 [installed]
    A BitTorrent client with multiple user interfaces in a client/server model
extra/boost-libs 1.50.0-2 [installed: 1.49.0-2]
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries - Runtime
extra/libtorrent-rasterbar 1:0.16.2-1 [installed: 1:0.15.10-1]
    A C++ library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other bittorrent implementations around
Archers update quite often, so let's temporarily make sure that nothing will break our torrent system until the problem is fixed via /etc/pacman.conf (add there the second line of the following using your favourite editor).

[rax ~]$ grep "IgnorePkg" /etc/pacman.conf 
# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
IgnorePkg   = boost-libs libtorrent-rasterbar
It seems like the problem is libtorrent-rasterbar's broken compatability with the newer boost-libs, rather than something in Deluge. However, maybe some workaround can be added to Deluge now?

P.S. mjoelk, I don't have the speed problems, 100 MBit/s are used correctly. Either your network is affected in a way (maybe you have «no incoming connections» or something), or (more likely) seeders do not have good connections. Some time ago I also saw that Deluge didn't always connect to uTorrent seeds (other clients on both sides work fine).
Ashex

Post by Ashex »

I believe I'm having the same issue in this thread. All I can offer is that I only have the problem when the user is running as deluge, when I switch it to my user the issue disappears.
mjoelk
New User
New User

Post by mjoelk »

Rax G wrote:Hi guys,

I'm also on Arch [...]
Perfect! Downgrading boost-libs and libtorrent worked. Speed is also back to normal. Everything is working as it should. :D

Thanks!
DSpider

Post by DSpider »

mjoelk wrote:Perfect! Downgrading boost-libs and libtorrent worked. Speed is also back to normal. Everything is working as it should. :D

Thanks!
To which versions?
mjoelk
New User
New User

Post by mjoelk »

DSpider wrote:
mjoelk wrote:Perfect! Downgrading boost-libs and libtorrent worked. Speed is also back to normal. Everything is working as it should. :D

Thanks!
To which versions?
The ones Rax had installed on his machine (see his post above).

I had to update boost about a week ago though. Some other programs that I use from time to time couldn't start without the latest version. All in all, I just updated my computer to the latest version of everything.

This means that I have this issue of download placement again, but it's managable for the time being... I'd rather be able to use the programs I need to use than moving my torrents. ;)

I guess this is the downside of a rolling release.