network slows down

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bsu
New User
New User

Re: network slows down

Post by bsu »

it seems that deluge is heavy on sending stuff

i capped me upload to 25 but it uses the double to send stuff..

and if your upload is max then you wont be able to connect to stuff since you cant send to server :P
econobeing
New User
New User

Post by econobeing »

i was having the same problem yesterday, i thought my ISP was having troubles.

my max speeds are around 168KB down, 22KB up. i'd have deluge going at 40KB down and 4KB up, and firefox would timeout on pages, skype messages wouldn't send, etc.

i turned on ktorrent on a hunch, and it's running at 90 down / 10 up right now and everything is working fine. :/

i like deluge, i'd prefer to use it over ktorrent. but if i can't use anything else while it's running i guess i don't have much of a choice ._.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

econobeing wrote:i was having the same problem yesterday, i thought my ISP was having troubles.

my max speeds are around 168KB down, 22KB up. i'd have deluge going at 40KB down and 4KB up, and firefox would timeout on pages, skype messages wouldn't send, etc.

i turned on ktorrent on a hunch, and it's running at 90 down / 10 up right now and everything is working fine. :/

i like deluge, i'd prefer to use it over ktorrent. but if i can't use anything else while it's running i guess i don't have much of a choice ._.
Have you tried using 0.5.1_RC1? The previous versions had some issues with the preferences not being used properly.
econobeing
New User
New User

Post by econobeing »

andar wrote:Have you tried using 0.5.1_RC1? The previous versions had some issues with the preferences not being used properly.
i have the SVN version installed right now. about says it's version 0.5.1
lagbot

Post by lagbot »

Using version 0.5.0 here and I'm having the same problem. Seems like it only happens when I have lots of torrents active. Upgrading to 0.5.1_RC1 to see if it resolves it or not.
lagbot

Post by lagbot »

Downloaded the latest svn build (labelled 0.5.1) and having the same problem. I set max active torrents to 5 and paused the rest, which did improve internet response time, but it was still not as good as it should be.

Also, if it's any sort of insight into what's going on, the network activity graph looks like a jagged mountain landscape, rather than a flat plateau.