Swarm Information

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Lord_neo

Swarm Information

Post by Lord_neo »

A little information/request...

I've noted that deluge doesn't retrieve information about the real number of seeds/leechs in every my active torrent...

in this image you can see for example in the first torrent there are (i can say viewing the tracker :)) 0 seed in the swarm, when they are more... In practice deluge detect only a peer that is really connected... In the same torrent, for example there are 10 leech (nodes) but only the 7 which are connected to me are visualised.

Is this only a my "problem", or can it be implemented/fixed??

thnk
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Swarm Information

Post by markybob »

see if it's fixed in 0.5.5RC1
Lord_neo

Post by Lord_neo »

markybob wrote:see if it's fixed in 0.5.5RC1

thanks markybob ;)

When 0.5.5RC1 will be a official release? the "roadmap" is not simple to be understood..sometimes... :lol:
Lord_neo

Post by Lord_neo »

sorry for the double post... :?

I've installed the latest version, mentioned up.. But it seems having the same problem... I'm seeding in a torrent with other almost 20 seeds, but they are not visualized... :x
psyberOne

Post by psyberOne »

I hate me too posts but, me too. I have noticed that it will start out with a proper number of seeds/leechers and rapidly goes down to 0(0) 0(0). When seeding torrents it seems to only see the connection if the transfer is active (i.e. had the same person connected but it would blink on and off as far as connection). It's not huge but for some of the larger and very ratio conscious sites, it worries me that I may not be seeing everyone properly.

Ubuntu 7.10 (updated daily)
deluge 0.5.4.1 (will try again when 0.5.5 goes stable)
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

psyberOne wrote:I hate me too posts but, me too. I have noticed that it will start out with a proper number of seeds/leechers and rapidly goes down to 0(0) 0(0). When seeding torrents it seems to only see the connection if the transfer is active (i.e. had the same person connected but it would blink on and off as far as connection). It's not huge but for some of the larger and very ratio conscious sites, it worries me that I may not be seeing everyone properly.

It depends on the tracker.. If the tracker sends the scrape information then Deluge will show the number of peers/seeds in the swarm, but if your tracker does not do this Deluge will only show peers/seeds you are connected to.
Keiji

Post by Keiji »

Right click the torrent and click Update Tracker - this will fetch the correct information about seeders and peers.
Lord_neo

Post by Lord_neo »

andar wrote:
psyberOne wrote:I hate me too posts but, me too. I have noticed that it will start out with a proper number of seeds/leechers and rapidly goes down to 0(0) 0(0). When seeding torrents it seems to only see the connection if the transfer is active (i.e. had the same person connected but it would blink on and off as far as connection). It's not huge but for some of the larger and very ratio conscious sites, it worries me that I may not be seeing everyone properly.

It depends on the tracker.. If the tracker sends the scrape information then Deluge will show the number of peers/seeds in the swarm, but if your tracker does not do this Deluge will only show peers/seeds you are connected to.

the tracker i'm using sends a good scrape, with other client (azu*eus for example)... i've also tried to update the tracker...

...sorry for "breaking your balls" :mrgreen:
psyberOne

Post by psyberOne »

Here's just a basic example, these screenshots were taken within seconds of each other. It seems to be uploading fine it just looks off not seeing the correct peers, not a show stopper but worth a look before 1.0