How to increase speed in Deluge?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
happy21

How to increase speed in Deluge?

Post by happy21 »

Hello,

I have installed Deluge 1.3.3 and using it for downloading in the operating system openSUSE 11.4 (KDE desktop). I just have the following doubts:

1. When I see in Network -> Active port is 64009 and the option of 'Use Random Ports' is enabled. Does this mean that whenever I start Deluge, it would take a new port which is being the active port?

2. The active port is out of range of the 'Random Ports' (which are used), so why is this?

3. I have the default firewall in openSUSE 11.4 (it is enabled by default), so what ports should I make allows in TCP and what in UDP?

http://postimage.org/image/mns7jq5sn/

I am new but I have felt reasons to go with Deluge (rather than other clients, it being more configurable). Please do suggest me what I do since the speed of download is really very poor.
loki

Re: How to increase speed in Deluge?

Post by loki »

1. yes
2. it will use a port within range unless it is currently in use, also... as the picture you posted when you select random the range becomes grayed out, meaning no longer used
3. i cannot answer that if you use random because it'll change every time, therefore you'd have to change the value in the firewall every time

As for optimizing speed, you should set a max upload speed, about 90% of your host average.
happy21

Re: How to increase speed in Deluge?

Post by happy21 »

loki wrote:1. yes
2. it will use a port within range unless it is currently in use, also... as the picture you posted when you select random the range becomes grayed out, meaning no longer used
3. i cannot answer that if you use random because it'll change every time, therefore you'd have to change the value in the firewall every time
Oh I see.
loki wrote: As for optimizing speed, you should set a max upload speed, about 90% of your host average.
90% of the host, okay, but 90% of uploading speed of the host or how do I check that and apply? Thanks.