Deluge crashed when I try to certain torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
pettman

Deluge crashed when I try to certain torrents

Post by pettman »

When I tried to add a certain torrent, deluge (version 0.5.4.1) crashes and I get the following output if I run it in the terminal:

Code: Select all

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check
Avbruten (SIGABRT)
(The last line seems to be outputted by the OS: Ubuntu 7.04)
The torrent works fine in azureus (I've still got it laying around but don't use it very much). I'll refrain from attaching/linking to the torrent (it's for an anime fansub) since I'm not certain it's allowed.

EDIT: Google yields a lot of result, but if deluge is added as a keyword you get nothing. I'd guess this isn't in the python part of the code (it doesn't look like a python exception).
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge crashed when I try to certain torrents

Post by markybob »

pettman wrote:When I tried to add a certain torrent, deluge (version 0.5.4.1) crashes and I get the following output if I run it in the terminal:

Avbruten (SIGABRT)
(The last line seems to be outputted by the OS: Ubuntu 7.04)
The torrent works fine in azureus (I've still got it laying around but don't use it very much). I'll refrain from attaching/linking to the torrent (it's for an anime fansub) since I'm not certain it's allowed.

EDIT: Google yields a lot of result, but if deluge is added as a keyword you get nothing. I'd guess this isn't in the python part of the code (it doesn't look like a python exception).
i'm not sure what causes this yet...but move ~/.config/deluge/prefs.state out of the way and see if it fixes it. does it? if it does, please email me that prefs.state file so i can see what was wrong. markybob@gmail.com. the same goes for anyone else seeing this problem. are you sure this was in 0.5.4.1 and not svn? are you using a 64-bit processor/os?
yobbobandana

Post by yobbobandana »

I just had the same problem.

Aborted (core dumped)
I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 as well, and Deluge version 0.5.4.1. The problem disappeared after i deleted ~/.config/deluge, but reappeared when I enabled "Prioritize first and last pieces of files in torrent" under preferences in Deluge.

I do have an AMD64 processor, but I'm using the generic 32-bit Ubuntu installation.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

yobbobandana wrote:I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 as well, and Deluge version 0.5.4.1. The problem disappeared after i deleted ~/.config/deluge, but reappeared when I enabled "Prioritize first and last pieces of files in torrent" under preferences in Deluge.
could you email me which torrent caused that problem when prioritize first and last pieces was set? markybob@gmail.com
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

i really need someone to email me a torrent that makes this happen...it's the only way it'll get fixed for 0.5.5 :)
pettman

Post by pettman »

markybob wrote:i really need someone to email me a torrent that makes this happen...it's the only way it'll get fixed for 0.5.5 :)
The torrent is in your inbox. Until I removed it from the directory with the torrents currently being downloaded deluge would crash on start-up. Removing prefs.state made the torrent work but removed all my settings.

EDIT: I'm sorry for the delay but I went away over the weekend and then I forgot about the post. :(
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

this is fixed in svn and will be in the next version