Deluge is a greedy bandwidth-eating monster

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
logankoester
New User
New User

Deluge is a greedy bandwidth-eating monster

Post by logankoester »

I've tried setting bandwidth caps but strangely it doesn't seem to be a problem when I'm seeding, only when I'm downloading - pretty much all other internet-connected applications just get choked off completely when I Deluge is downloading. Previously I used uTorrent on Vista and had no problem.

I'm using deluge on Fedora Core 7. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening?
logankoester
New User
New User

Re: Deluge is a greedy bandwidth-eating monster

Post by logankoester »

Version 0.5.3 - forgot to mention.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Could you please try the latest version (0.5.4.1) and see if the problem persists?
logankoester
New User
New User

Post by logankoester »

Yep, I just compiled Deluge 0.5.4.1 and it's having the same trouble. I get nearly cut off from everything else while it's using even just 63kbps/3.3kbps - streaming radio can't stay connected, and websites load very slowly. I'm on a fairly fast connection - this isn't a problem even now if I run utorrent in a virtual machine, just with Deluge. Any thoughts? :-/
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

logankoester wrote:Yep, I just compiled Deluge 0.5.4.1 and it's having the same trouble. I get nearly cut off from everything else while it's using even just 63kbps/3.3kbps - streaming radio can't stay connected, and websites load very slowly. I'm on a fairly fast connection - this isn't a problem even now if I run utorrent in a virtual machine, just with Deluge. Any thoughts? :-/
you should limit your upload slots more. install 0.5.5RC1, which has a network wizard to help you
Keiji

Post by Keiji »

I've noticed that Deluge does screw up my upstream, probably more with requests than actual uploading, because I capped my upload speed to a mere 10 KB/s (my limit seems to be around 24 KB/s).

Even my DS slows down ridiculously when I use wi-fi connection through the same router. :|
logankoester
New User
New User

Post by logankoester »

The problem seems to be fixed after upgrading to Deluge 0.5.5.95 from svn. Thanks :)
kozimodo

Post by kozimodo »

For me, it still brings all other connections to a halt. When I switched to the simple curses client, no more problems.
logankoester
New User
New User

Post by logankoester »

Nevermind, updating to 0.5.5.95 hasn't solved the problem for me.
yobbobandana

Post by yobbobandana »

I was having a problem with deluge seemingly eating up all my bandwidth. It seems to be working fine now, and the only thing I can think of that I did was disable ipv6 support on my system. I can't really see how it would be related, but my ADSL modem/router doesn't support ipv6 requests at all, which was causing problems with DNS queries.

Not much help I know, but I was having this problem a while back and now I'm not :?