Secure IMAP connection from Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
delugeavast
New User
New User

Secure IMAP connection from Deluge

Post by delugeavast »

My virus shield Avast just informed me, that Deluge is trying to make secure connection from my computer to some IMAP server at sentex.ca. What an earth is happening there?

I have secure connections, check for updates and Blocklist set on from Deluge, but not sending statistical data. Can this be just because someone has his torrent client port mapped to same port as IMAP and Avast mistakes that for email sending, or is this something related to Deluge behaviour in my computer?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Secure IMAP connection from Deluge

Post by johnnyg »

delugeavast wrote:Can this be just because someone has his torrent client port mapped to same port as IMAP and Avast mistakes that for email sending
I would say that's the most likely scenario.
delugeavast wrote:, or is this something related to Deluge behaviour in my computer?
The only thing I could think of is if you are using strange incoming or outgoing ports.
delugeavast
New User
New User

Post by delugeavast »

This happened again. Deluge uses random ports here and they were not same as common IMAP ports. I didn't manage to see the ip in Deluge Users tab, but that probably means nothing.

Just in case, could someone tell me MD5 hash of deluge.exe (1.3.1) in Win7 x64 system, so that I can check it's not been altered?
loki

Post by loki »

The file I have (deluge.exe) that I downloaded and installed on 2010.11.01 has this md5 hash... 644404e14262590d235aeeeb1cf766f9 (and, yes it is Win7 x64)
delugeavast
New User
New User

Post by delugeavast »

Thanks, seems to be the same file. Since it is confusing and virus client notifications may cause distress to some people, I'll notify Avast. Maybe they can fix it and prevent these unnecassary pop-ups from appearing.