Stuck on Ubuntu Deluge install . . .

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
madhartigan
New User
New User

Stuck on Ubuntu Deluge install . . .

Post by madhartigan »

Preface: Please excuse the n00bness of this question. Not surprisingly . . . I'm a n00b. :oops:

First the nuts and bolts:

Deluge Version = 1.3.1
Libtorrent Version = not sure but I followed the Install directions here to a "t"
Operating System Version = Ubuntu 10.04
WebUI, Console or GTK = trying to use console or WebUI
Web Browser = Installing to headless server from Putty through Windows 7. The browser I'd be using for WebUI is Chrome
Filesystem - ext4, ntfs, etc... = ext4
Installation Type - i.e. from source or package = package as detailed in this install manual.

Ok. So I followed the installation directions for Linux/Ubuntu exactly. I followed them in sequence so I didn't have the PPA installed until AFTER the instructions that tell you how to install the main package.

(don't know if that has any effect on the initial installation or not. It says the Ubuntu repositories "may" be out of date. i missed the instruction that told me to use the ppa repository)

Regardless, I went ahead and did the sudo apt-get update and upgrade sequence after I had updated the repository with the PPA so deluge *should* be up to date.

When I type "deluged" into the command line on Putty's terminal window, I get:

Code: Select all

The program 'deluged' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install deluged
I've also tried "sudo deluged" with the same result.

I'm executing my commands from my home (~) directory.

Here's a copy and paste of the actual contents of the terminal window:

Code: Select all

darryl@server1:~$ deluged
The program 'deluged' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install deluged
darryl@server1:~$ sudo deluged
[sudo] password for darryl:
sudo: deluged: command not found
darryl@server1:~$

Can anyone help me out here? If it's a result of me installing from the Ubuntu repositories that could be out of date, could you show me how to reverse everything I did so I can do a clean install using the PPA Repository?
loki

Re: Stuck on Ubuntu Deluge install . . .

Post by loki »

Did you install deluged, as it kindly suggested you do? Deluge and deluged are 2 distinctly separate programs/installs...
madhartigan
New User
New User

Post by madhartigan »

Thank you very much for the reply!! I've tried that and I'm able to get to the webui now. Progress!

Now I just have to figure out how to get deluge "connected". Down in the bottom left corner of the webui, there's an indicator that says "not connected" and all of my buttons seem to be ghosted.

Gotta read more of the FAQ I guess. ;)
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

I'd recommend reading the thin client user guide: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient
madhartigan
New User
New User

Post by madhartigan »

Thank you johnnyg. I appreciate the link. I'll check that out.

:idea: