[SOLVED] "Open Folder" to open with "nautilus --no-desktop"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
DSpider

[SOLVED] "Open Folder" to open with "nautilus --no-desktop"

Post by DSpider »

It's been bothering me for some time now... It opens directories with Firefox instead (well, "Namoroka" since I'm using Arch Linux but it responds to "firefox" calls). Only thing I could find was this bug report from back in February. I'm using:

xdg-utils-1.0.2.20100618-1
libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.4-3
nautilus-elementary (but same as namoroka, it's installed as "nautilus" because the developers chose it that way for maximum compatibility)

No DE (Desktop Environment) here, just Openbox. I have a feeling I need to edit "/usr/bin/xdg-open" since when I run xdg-open /tmp it opens /tmp with Firefox. But what should I edit ? The "generic" part ?
if [ x"$DE" = x"" ]; then
DE=generic
...  ?
Thanks. Would also be great addition to the FAQ for those who don't need a full-blown DE.
Last edited by DSpider on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSpider

Re: Getting the right click "Open Folder" to open with Nauti

Post by DSpider »

Yup. But how do I pass it the "--no-desktop" argument so it won't render my desktop ?

Edit: Tried a simple bash script "/usr/bin/nautilus-nodesktop" (executable and chown'd to my username) but it just opens nautilus-elementary to my home dir because it doesn't get the "$url" call. Also it would be great if it could open the torrent dir instead of the general download dir. Thanks.

LE: Switched to Dophin and now I don't have to worry about any stupid "--no-desktop" call anymore. Edited /usr/bin/xdg-open with "dolphin" instead and it's all peachy. Can't add the [SOLVED] tag because it's only partially solved - at least for Nautilus... (well, nautilus-elementary)
DSpider

SOLVED!

Post by DSpider »

A year and a half or so later I can finally mark this thread as [SOLVED].

You can either install gconf-editor and manually uncheck apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop or just run "gconftool-2 -t bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop -s false", since Deluge is GTK2-based.