Deluge having a hard time uploading stuff

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Hund

Deluge having a hard time uploading stuff

Post by Hund »

Im using Deluge 1.3.1 w/ libtorrent 0.15.4.0 and Im having a hard time uploading stuff. The port forward etc is correcly configured (I had the same problem before my router to).

Ive downloaded a torrent wich was 127GB big and I have uploaded about 831MB so far with my 100/100 connection (Wich gives me a ratio of 0.007 on that torrent!). Deluge reports 20/44 seeders and the tracker says 33/83 seeders.

Deluge is a ratio killer atm. Whats wrong?
loki

Re: Deluge having a hard time uploading stuff

Post by loki »

Could depend on a number of different things, or any combination of the following... the number of maximum connections, the router maximum connection limit, the number of fast seeders in the swarm, and most likely... the fact that not everyone may want the entire torrent whatever it may be.
Hund

Post by Hund »

The maximum connectins wont get maxed when Deluge refused to connect to most of the peers. The router could shuffle about 940Mbit with 250 connections at the same time before when I benchmarked it.

I guess that I should be able to upload more than ~1GB when I downloaded 127GB and theres about 83 leechers, even if some of them wont download the whole torrent.

Edit: Using rTorrent or Transmission works better with the seeding part, thats about it. Theres a lot of things I like with Deluge and I dont want use anything else.
Menpachi Hibachi

Post by Menpachi Hibachi »

There are a couple of unresolved threads here reporting slow upload rates with 1.3.x - one of which I started myself.

You could try turning on logging with:

--loglevel=info --logfile=/tmp/deluge.log

You might find a clue in there.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

What are your bandwidth settings?
Hund

Post by Hund »

kenjiru

Post by kenjiru »

I also have the seeding problem.

Ubuntu 10.10
Core Version: 1.3.1
libtorrent version: 0.15.4.0
twardnw

Post by twardnw »

I too am having issues with Deluge seeding/uploading properly.

Ubuntu 10.04
Deluge 1.3.1
libtorrent 0.14.10

Oscarius

Post by Oscarius »

I'm also experiencing this issue. I have a 60/60Mbit connection and a seedbox running 24/7. In the last week it has managed to upload a measly 10GB of my over 200 active torrents. I recently migrated to Deluge from uTorrent and I had much better upload results before, so I know it's not an issue with the torrents. For example, I was one of the first on my tracker to download the new Skyfall release. When it finished, there was about 15 seeders and 40 leechers, but I wasn't uploading anything at all.

Are there any known issues regarding this? I'm using Deluge version 1.3.3 and libtorrent 0.15.10.0 and here are my settings:
http://i.imgur.com/zU8eGxl.png
http://i.imgur.com/V0Iy1iz.png
http://i.imgur.com/fDpmM0i.png

Thanks.
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

This image shows a warning icon in your incoming ports section. It usually indicates that there is a problem with your port forwarding. This might be the reason you are having trouble uploading.