SVN Seg Fault

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gazpachoking

SVN Seg Fault

Post by gazpachoking »

Deluge has been crashing with a Segmentation fault (core dumped) after letting it run for about 30 minutes. I am using svn version 1515 on 32bit feisty fawn. Same problem with the svn I downloaded yesterday (can't remember the version). The worst part is when I start it up again, all of my torrents are at the same percentage as when I last exited Deluge cleanly.
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Re: SVN Seg Fault

Post by daddy »

Can you provide a core dump? Briefly,

Code: Select all

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ deluge
... wait for crash ...
$ gdb python *core*
(gdb) bt
Also, what architecture and distro?
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I can't seem to find where the core dumps go, any ideas? I am using 32bit Ubuntu 7.04 btw.
EDIT: was I supposed to say i386 too?
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

It looks like it might have been caused by one of the torrents I was downloading. I removed all the active torrents and started a new one and it has been running for a while now with no crashes. (With FlexRSS also working now btw Daddy) I will updated with any more news.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Meh, happened again. Took a long time this time. Dunno where to find that core dump file still..
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Post by daddy »

It should be in the folder you launched deluge from, but only if you ran `ulimit -c unlimited` before starting it. The other option is just running deluge in a debugger, but that is slow and you're likely to get a different result (aren't heisenbugs fun?).

BTW, have any devs played with efence yet? It really helps with this type of bug. I use C almost exclusively for my day job, and I don't know what I would do without it, valgrind, and gdb.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Dunno what exactly was causing it, or what I did (if anything) to fix it, but the problem seems to have totally eliminated itself. I'm not going to complain.