Can't change port

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
arcademaster

Can't change port

Post by arcademaster »

Hello everyone, I'm having a little problem with Deluge 1.3.0r1 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I'm accessing Deluge through the WebUI - the GTK interface doesn't work at all. It opens a cmd window for a second and then vanishes again. I haven't investigated the error further since I wanted the WebUI anyway, the whole thing is running on a headless server (when I try to start the GTK UI I'm logged in through RDP however).

So, I can't use a random port because of my firewall. I unticked the random port box and entered one manually. When I close the menu it always sets the port to 6881 to 6891. When I open the menu again I see the port I entered for half a second before it changes to 6881 and 6891 again. I tried changing it several times, it just won't accept my setting and always stays at 6881.

Any suggestions?
arturro

Re: Can't change port

Post by arturro »

I have this problem on Linux debian deluge 1.3.3.
I change this port on config file but still work on port 6881 and 6891.

Please help
hawkmeister

Re: Can't change port

Post by hawkmeister »

I had the same problem. I fixed it by:

1) Make your edits in the webUI
2) Open a terminal window on your Linux box and su to root
3) edit the core.conf file in the deluge home directory in a subdirectory called .config
4) Verify your settings are correct for listening and sending ports. (You can search for your port numbers to make it easy)
5) Edit the file if necessary and exit (save if edited) the file.
6) issue the following command: /etc/init.d/deluge-daemon force-reload

Now, your port numbers should stick in the Network Preferences screen in the WebUI. Make sure you forward both TCP and UDP protocols in your router.