Ubuntu PPA Update

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Ubuntu PPA Update

Post by Cas »

Enable logging, I can't think of any reason for that unless the binary location of deluged is different.
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

Are there any plans to bring back the nightly builds PPA? I would love to be able to auto update my deluge install with pre-built nightly builds.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

There were/are plans but as with everything other priorities pushed it down the list.
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

I have seen instances where people will use scripts to grab source from git repos and post to launchpad. I can probably get my hands on a script of this kind if it helps move this along. Is there any eta as to when quantal support will be added?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If you have an example script that would be helpful.

What do you mean quantal support? 1.3.5 is in the official repo and important fixes were applied before it's release.
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

Cas wrote:If you have an example script that would be helpful.

What do you mean quantal support? 1.3.5 is in the official repo and important fixes were applied before it's release.
Messaged some one I know that was using such a script for there old ppa. Is it alright if I drop you a pm when/if I can get it?

Since this is the ppa thread, I thought it would be obvious I was referring to the ppa. There is nothing in the ppa for quantal, be it the same as official build or not. Since nothing has been added for quantal, apt-get update produces 404 errors so for the time being I am disabling the PPA for now, and will have to manually renable it once something gets pushed to the ppa for quantal. Kind of defeats the purpose of the ppa imo.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Thanks for the links about scripting but I remember now that due to bzr being unable to import our git repo so we cannot use the Launchpad process.

What it will require is a script on our server to create a deb changes file that can be dput into a PPA.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

1.3.6 is now live on the Deluge PPA
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

Cas wrote:1.3.6 is now live on the Deluge PPA
Yay!

Will there be a Precise lt16?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Packaging libtorrent is a little bit trickier so not looked into it yet also we really recommend using 0.15 with 1.3 series because there are new features in 0.16 which are not exposed as settings in Deluge.

I am aware that for Quantal and upwards can only use libtorrent 0.16 so packaging the latest releases would also be helpful.