Ubuntu PPA Update

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
TechN9ne1730

Re: Ubuntu PPA Update

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

Cas wrote:Not sure what you have done but I can assure you the latest version is 1.3.5 on PPA: https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+arc ... lter=lucid
I have done exactly what the instructions say, add the urls to the sources.list, apt-get update, apt-get install -t lucid deluge-common deluged deluge-web

I accidentally(long story) upgraded my system to wheezy earlier, but that shouldnt make a difference on what version is reported should it?

apt-show-versions -a deluge-common
deluge-common 1.3.4-1 install ok installed
deluge-common 1.2.3+git20110209.8c36830-0squeeze1 squeeze ftp.fr.debian.org
deluge-common 1.3.1-2~lucid~ppa1 lucid ppa.launchpad.net
deluge-common 1.3.3-2 testing ftp.fr.debian.org
deluge-common 1.3.3-2 unstable ftp.fr.debian.org
deluge-common 1.3.4-1 experimental ftp.fr.debian.org
deluge-common/experimental uptodate 1.3.4-1
Some how that still did not resolve the problem.
TechN9ne1730

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

Cas wrote:
TechN9ne1730 wrote:I added the ppa to my sources list but it says the available version is1.3.1-2~lucid~ppa1?
Not sure what you have done but I can assure you the latest version is 1.3.5 on PPA: https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+arc ... lter=lucid
Like I said I had accidentally upgraded to debian testing/wheezy, so I decided to try a newer version of ubuntu as the base. When adding the URLs for lucid or oneiric I see the 1.3.5 version. Hope it helps any one else who decided to use Wheezy.

Thanks for the repository, I assume you typically update faster then debian unstable? Speaking of unstable, why was 1.3.5 pulled from the unstable repo? It was in there the other day, atleast I swore I saw it in there.
TechN9ne1730

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

Well turns out deluge-console was being held back and a apt-get dist-upgrade did not work.

Also I found 1.3.5 is still in experimental.
toniboni88

Post by toniboni88 »

Please update the versione of Deluge and add libtorrent rasterbar for Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin).

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The PPA does not need a Precise package as the latest is already in Precise...
toniboni88

Post by toniboni88 »

deluge 1.3.4-2~precise~ppa1 (Newer version available) Cas (2012-03-26)

http://i50.tinypic.com/8yvsjq.jpg
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I am not sure how else I can word this. The PPA does NOT require updating for Precise because the OFFICIAL repo has the LATEST versions of both Deluge and libtorrent.
jack2smith1988

Post by jack2smith1988 »

personal package archivePart of the appeal of Ubuntu is its six-month release cycle. Every six months a new version of the free operating system is released into the wild, complete with updates for all of your favorite software. This is great, but can be a trifle disappointing from time to time. For example, if a new version of your favorite software comes out you may have to wait until the next version of Ubuntu comes out to try it.

The solution to this is the PPA. This is a repository, provided by Canonical (the company behind Ubuntu), that allows developers and enthusiasts to offer up-to-date versions of software to all Ubuntu users. Originally PPAs were limited to programmers and testers, but Canonical opened PPAs to everyone in late 2007.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TechN9ne1730

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

jack2smith1988 wrote:personal package archivePart of the appeal of Ubuntu is its six-month release cycle. Every six months a new version of the free operating system is released into the wild, complete with updates for all of your favorite software. This is great, but can be a trifle disappointing from time to time. For example, if a new version of your favorite software comes out you may have to wait until the next version of Ubuntu comes out to try it.

The solution to this is the PPA. This is a repository, provided by Canonical (the company behind Ubuntu), that allows developers and enthusiasts to offer up-to-date versions of software to all Ubuntu users. Originally PPAs were limited to programmers and testers, but Canonical opened PPAs to everyone in late 2007.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's great but the thing is even if cas built a package for precise it would be the same package as what you get right out of the ubuntu repo for Precise. So what's the point? He could update rasterbar if it has not been updated but Deluge can not take advantage of the new features yet, so it wouldn't be much good.
ZaPHoN

Post by ZaPHoN »

Will upstart work with the Ubuntu PPA.

I can get upstart to work with Deluge PPA but not with Ubuntu PPA. Two different machines.