Large Files BUG (solved)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Morrigan

Large Files BUG (solved)

Post by Morrigan »

Hi, I do not have time to learn SQL for your ticket system, so writing the bug in here. If someone will be interested of this bug, please - move it to the tickets.

Bug description: If the file size that I want to download is more than 4.2 Gb, and my disc is formatted under the FAT32 (for example), and I work under linux, than the file allocates without errors, but it has the maximum limited (by the file system) length. The torrent client starts to download, and everything goes fine until it needs to write an information that exceeds the 4.2Gb length. After it, Deluge, BitTorrent, BitTornado and the other PYTHON clients give an error "Invalid Argument", and stop downloading. The download can be restarted, and an error "Invalid Argument" would not happen till someone would not share any piece from the end of the big file.

Repeatable = ALWAYS (with nearly any python client)
Status = SOLVED

... actually this is not your bug, but I think that the client program should check for this error, and notify the user about it, because to understand the reason of the spontaneous "Invalid Argument" happening is not simple for the regular user.