Incorrect reporting of Download Progress

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Incorrect reporting of Download Progress

Post by Cas »

Twice now I have had problems with torrents that have been downloading slowly reporting different progress percentage to the actual amount on data downloaded for the file.

The issue with the latest torrent, 1.5Gb total size: Shows in status, Downloaded: 500Mb (300Mb) but only 9% progress. I forced a recheck at which point it reported progress to be 0%. To fix this I removed the torrent leaving the data, added it again at which point Deluge checked it and reported the more accurate 27% progress and continued to download.

The problem with the previous torrent was showing as only 50% complete but after a few days i checked and it had downloaded more than twice the file size, I took the same steps as above and after adding the torrent again it showed at 99.7% then quickly completed the download.

I have not submitted a bug report as I am not sure if this is a known problem.

Deluge 1.2.1
Ubuntu 9.10
mintz
New User
New User

Re: Incorrect reporting of Download Progress

Post by mintz »

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

ahh i thought i had read something similar :D

It seems the same issue to me so ive raised a ticket: Bug 1174
TurboZinc
New User
New User

Post by TurboZinc »

Having the same problem. Progress was actually going backwards. It was stuck at about 80%, but when i came back a couple hours later it was at ~78% even though it was continuing to download.

5.9GB torrent, but only selected a couple of files. Tried force rechecking, but that didn't help. Deleted the torrent and reloaded it (kept the data) and after it finished checking the files i was at 98% complete. Finished without incident after that.

I ended up downloading over 6GB when the files i wanted were only 3GB. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Deluge 1.2.2
libtorrent 1.4.10
Ubuntu Karmic