seeding problem

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
marcus

seeding problem

Post by marcus »

Hi

My client is not seeding completed torrents. If The torrent is still downloading, it uploads as well, but the completed ones don't. They are connecting to peers, but not uploading.

I have enough upload slots and I can see the number of connected peers going up, but nothing is being uploaded
marcus

Re: seeding problem

Post by marcus »

Further research has shown that Deluge gives all priorities to downloading torrents. The ones seeding must come after this. This means you virtually have to stop all downloads in order to get the seeding to work correctly.

I think the deluge dev team should work on a different set of priorities since many sites have a ratio that need to be maintained and this policy will cause Deluge users some headaches

Apart from this priority problem, I think that this is the best Torrent client for Linux I've seen.
plisk

Re: seeding problem

Post by plisk »

Try to play with Maximum Global Upload Slots option on the Bandwidth tab in preferences. Try to set it to -1 unlimited upload slots and see if this changes anything. Maximum Connections also plays quite a significant role, try it at 100-200.