Deluge keeps pause and resume by itself.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Lord_neo

Re: Deluge keeps pause and resume by itself.

Post by Lord_neo »

I had the same problem with version 0.5.4 on Feisty, by installing your binary for i386.

Only for some torrents, they are paused and resumed continuosly. It seems now ok by setting compact allocation. :D

Thanks and good work. ;)

Bye
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

markybob wrote:ok, i've committed the change to svn trunk. give rev 1310 a shot and let me know how full allocation works or doesnt work :)
Thanks!

Bummer, it doesn't work. I have tried to do add like this:

Code: Select all

#if defined(__FreeBSD__)
// for statfs()
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/mount.h>
#endif
Then add ' || defined(__FreeBSD__)' in two places (984 and 1029 line) and it compiles fine, but it still doesn't work in runtime. I think it will requiring more hack than just do simple thing. It can't be same with '__APPLE__', because FreeBSD doesn't has getattrlist() function. I will have to ask in FreeBSD mailing list to see if someone can help me to port storage.cpp on FreeBSD.

I think, you should keep this patch in case if someone is using Linux and mount in UFS2.
plisk

Post by plisk »

mezz: have you tried to compile libtorrent without -DNDEBUG=1 ? It's in setup.py line 104. Then libtorrent will write buf.f_type in storage.cpp line 1035 and this is the magic number what it expects to enable sparsed files support for specific filesystem.
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

plisk wrote:mezz: have you tried to compile libtorrent without -DNDEBUG=1 ? It's in setup.py line 104. Then libtorrent will write buf.f_type in storage.cpp line 1035 and this is the magic number what it expects to enable sparsed files support for specific filesystem.
No, I haven't tried until now. The output is strange. It displays as 'buf.f_type 5'. I am not sure where it gets from. I went ahead to skip check on the filesystem by using this patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/pa ... torage.cpp

It works great so far, I can see Deluge creates fake files with size. I will committing it in our ports tree, so it's your choice if you want to use this patch or not since it's hack.

While I am here, is it normal for Deluge to leave the fake files when I remove the torrent from Deluge? I selected which file I want to download, so when I deleted torrent from Deluge and the fake files are still in directory.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

mezz wrote:
plisk wrote:mezz: have you tried to compile libtorrent without -DNDEBUG=1 ? It's in setup.py line 104. Then libtorrent will write buf.f_type in storage.cpp line 1035 and this is the magic number what it expects to enable sparsed files support for specific filesystem.
No, I haven't tried until now. The output is strange. It displays as 'buf.f_type 5'. I am not sure where it gets from. I went ahead to skip check on the filesystem by using this patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/pa ... torage.cpp

It works great so far, I can see Deluge creates fake files with size. I will committing it in our ports tree, so it's your choice if you want to use this patch or not since it's hack.

While I am here, is it normal for Deluge to leave the fake files when I remove the torrent from Deluge? I selected which file I want to download, so when I deleted torrent from Deluge and the fake files are still in directory.
i've committed it to svn trunk
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

mezz wrote:While I am here, is it normal for Deluge to leave the fake files when I remove the torrent from Deluge? I selected which file I want to download, so when I deleted torrent from Deluge and the fake files are still in directory.
yes...i'll fix this.
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

Thanks! :)
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

Umm... I am not sure why libtorrent/src/storage.cpp has been changed without test on FreeBSD? There are two problems:

1) It doesn't build, because of two missing include of headers for statfs(). See my old comments above about that (sys/param.h and sys/mount.h).
2) After fix that build, it still doesn't work in the runtime. Again, see my old comments above.

Update patch: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/pa ... torage.cpp
plisk

Post by plisk »

mezz: i'd better submit issue with FreeBSD directly to libtorrent's trac, so you can discuss all of it with the author of libtorrent itself without deluge being a mediator.
defcon

Post by defcon »

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... &sk=t&sd=a
same problem with ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon Beta, all updates installed, I am using NAT, could this be the problem?
Transmission and every other client works but I do not like them, deluge rocks!