Configuration manual

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Pko
New User
New User

Configuration manual

Post by Pko »

Hello!

I am new to deluge, I've just installed it on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic. I come from utorrent on windows and tried ktorrent before, but I wasn't totally satisfied and so I am now trying deluge.

It seems more to my taste than ktorrent, but I am finding some difficulties in fine tuning the behavior of the program (although I must say that the basic features work perfect, just like they did in transmission and ktorrent. For example, I can download and seed with good speed and so on).

Is there somewhere a configuration manual with detailed information? I haven't found any; most of the options are self explanatory and/or documented in the FAQ, but that still left many others open to trial&error...

For example, about the behavior of labels:

- I have discovered that the name labels cannot contain spaces, and that the labels themselves are converted to lowercase always. It is just cosmetic, I know, but somewhat ugly...
- The "Trackers" section of "Label Options" allows to enter a list of trackers, but do you need to enter the full tracker, part of it, are regular expressions allowed, or at least "*" and "?" like in filenames?
- When are the "labels" and their associated options applied? whenever you add a torrent?, only when it is added automatically by any mechanism?, only added automatically by certain methods? only when you manually add them?
- Are the "options" applied when you assign a torrent to a label? for example, if it is finished, is it moved to the designated "location"?
- What happens when you add a torrent whose tracker is listed in more than one label or has several trackers listed in more than one label? is some kind of priority used?
- Can't the torrents of a label be programed to stop the moment the torrent is finished, with no seed time/ratio whatsoever? the minimum "Stop seed at ratio:" value is 1

If have similar doubts about some other aspects of Deluge that searching in the forum has not helped me resolve... also, the program seems to have changed a lot in 1.2 version, many of the explanations I find for previous versions seems to not be applicable to 1.2

Thank you very much.