FreeBSD errors

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Trahloc
New User
New User

FreeBSD errors

Post by Trahloc »

Hello,

I updated my ports recently via portsmanager and deluge wont start after I killed it.

When I add a torrent to the /usr/ports version which is 1.1.9 deluged errors with:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::python::error_already_set'
terminate called recursively

When I try compiling 1.2.0 and install it deluged errors on start with:
%deluged -d
[ERROR ] 22:10:46 main:216 No module named twisted.internet
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.0-py2.6.egg/deluge/main.py", line 208, in start_daemon
from deluge.core.daemon import Daemon
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.0-py2.6.egg/deluge/core/daemon.py", line 39, in <module>
from twisted.internet import reactor
ImportError: No module named twisted.internet

uname -a = FreeBSD maserver 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 21 15:02:08 UTC 2009 root@mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

I thought it might be a config error so I deleted my ~/.config/deluge directory and tried it brand new, this occurs with both version with bare configs.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: FreeBSD errors

Post by johnnyg »

You need to install twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/
Trahloc
New User
New User

Post by Trahloc »

Ok, that error only shows up with the non ports version of deluge which could have issues... but any clue why I get:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::python::error_already_set'
terminate called recursively

When I add a torrent to deluge 1.1.9 which is the ports version and compiles all the required items?
karate

Post by karate »

So I compiled deluge 1.2.0 on freebsd and installed the supporting ports. I can't start the daemon. Can anyone shed some light for me?

[ERROR ] 19:38:10 client:551 Unable to start daemon!
[ERROR ] 19:38:10 client:552 [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.0-py2.6.egg/deluge/ui/client.py", line 549, in start_daemon
subprocess.call(["deluged", "--port=%s" % port, "--config=%s" % config])
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 470, in call
return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1157, in wait
pid, sts = os.waitpid(self.pid, 0)
OSError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
tim-m89
New User
New User

Post by tim-m89 »

To bump this, I am another freebsd user with problems since upgrading to 1.2.0 so there is something fundamentally wrong with the freebsd port and not a case of random corrupted installation.

deluged kept terminating instantly. I managed to get it working by deleting the config directory. This removed all of my torrents and as soon as I tried to add one back it kills off deluged again.

deluged writes this to the terminal that it was started with:

Code: Select all

Trahloc
New User
New User

Post by Trahloc »

I removed all traces of Deluge from my server that I could and used portmanager -slid to remove all ports not related to programs I've been using for ages. So with as clean as I can get w/o a complete reinstall I installed Deluge 1.2.0 from ports and this error continues when i add a torrent:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Hi,
I have the same problem on FreeBSD 8.0, after the upgrade. I do not know Python, but it seems the problem in 'core/torrent.py' when you receive a list of torrent trackers. Call 'self.handle.trackers()'. As I understood iterator Python should throw an exception 'StopIteration' if there is no next element, perhaps this is not happening?
How dirty fix added after 'self.trackers.append(tracker)' completion of the cycle. Ie, will read only the first tracker from the torrent.
I hope soon to be a normal solution to this problem :)
zar0ku1
New User
New User

Post by zar0ku1 »

hello, i have a simmilar trouble:
# deluged -d
Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
what is the problem?

P.S. FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE
tim-m89
New User
New User

Post by tim-m89 »

I have created ticket 1137.
zar0ku1
New User
New User

Post by zar0ku1 »

tim-m89 wrote:I have created ticket 1137.
I think you must to specify OS