Web UI hangs the browser with many torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bckspc
New User
New User

Web UI hangs the browser with many torrents

Post by bckspc »

Hi,

I have Deluge 1.2.0 rc3 with Ubuntu Karmic Server. After several battles to put everything working with deluge 1.2x I finally managed to have the client (gtk) / server working correctly but I have some problems with the web interface.

I have about 200 torrents seeding and when I try to open the web interface, it takes ages to load (after inserting the password and connecting) and all browsers I've tried (IE 7 / 8, Firefox Win / Mac, Safari Win / Mac, Chrome) all almost crashes the browser and after a while I get the error message that a javascript is taking to long to respond and I can continue or stop the script. If I wait long enought (several 'continue' clicks) I can see the torrents but since the interface refreshes every minute or so, I cannot do anything. This happens both with remote connections and local connection.

You can now say that I have many torrents and that's why it's so slow. I agree that that must be to problem, but the annoying fact is that the WebUI from 1.1.9 worked perfectly even connect from outside my LAN.
Another strange thing is that until version 1.1.9 I could not use deluge-gtk (win or linux) remotely because I had many torrents and the interface was very slow (locally worked fine). Now on version 1.2.0 rc3, I can use the gtk interface remotely without any problems, it's not slow anymore (and I'm still talking about 200 torrents or so).

What I don't understand is that if deluge 1.2x uses a new method to connect (RPC) no matter the interface, then it should be slow on all interfaces or fast on all the interfaces. Why is the Web UI so slow if it can be so fast using GTK?

One more note, I tried the webui with just one torrent and the webui was working fine, so definitely the problem is the number of torrents.

NOTE: I've realized that a ticket was made for milestone 1.3.0. (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1026). I'll provide my experience there to help the developers. Anyone with this problem, please do the same.