seeding problems - deluge only seeds one torrent

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
scrapmetal
Leecher
Leecher

seeding problems - deluge only seeds one torrent

Post by scrapmetal »

ive got this problem when seeding, its persisted for a few weeks really but its still present in 0.5.3.
deluge doesent seem to want to seed more than one torrent simoultaniously, it just picks one torrent and sticks with it (ive got about 40 upload slots and ive been playing with those numbers, it makes no difference)
and this is very annoying say if i set deluge to use all my upstream overnight and i come in in the morning and i see deluge has only seeded one torrent and that torrent ran out of peers at 1 am and has only seeders now and ive only seeded a few megabytes overnight, while ive got 5 other torrents with lots of peers and few seeders but ive hardly uploaded anything for these torrents...its eating up my share ratio rapidly this way
ubuntu intrepid amd64
Ansible

Re: seeding problems - deluge only seeds one torrent

Post by Ansible »

Just installed deluge yesterday; I'm noticing a similar problem. This is 0.5.3 on ubuntu 7.0.4. I built mine from source.

Anyway, what I'm noticing today: I have two torrents going. When I first started downloading, one torrent downloaded at a pretty good rate, the other one not at all. The fast one was second in my list of two. To get the first-in-list torrent to download at all (up and down were at 0) I had to pause the second.

One interesting thing is that the first torrent lists its peer count like this: 7 (2179). The second torrent (now completed) has this : 319 (319). The two numbers always match. So it looks to me like Deluge is trying to initiate a download from every peer on the second torrent. I think this leads to the situation of the first-in-list torrent getting no peers after a while, or never getting any in the first place.

If it matters, I started these torrents my clicking on a link in firefox. I clicked on both in firefox and then clicked on both dialogs in deluge. Probably doesn't matter, but throwing that detail in there. I also have some screenshots, which I will PM if someone needs them.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: seeding problems - deluge only seeds one torrent

Post by markybob »

Ansible wrote:Just installed deluge yesterday; I'm noticing a similar problem. This is 0.5.3 on ubuntu 7.0.4. I built mine from source.

Anyway, what I'm noticing today: I have two torrents going. When I first started downloading, one torrent downloaded at a pretty good rate, the other one not at all. The fast one was second in my list of two. To get the first-in-list torrent to download at all (up and down were at 0) I had to pause the second.

One interesting thing is that the first torrent lists its peer count like this: 7 (2179). The second torrent (now completed) has this : 319 (319). The two numbers always match. So it looks to me like Deluge is trying to initiate a download from every peer on the second torrent. I think this leads to the situation of the first-in-list torrent getting no peers after a while, or never getting any in the first place.

If it matters, I started these torrents my clicking on a link in firefox. I clicked on both in firefox and then clicked on both dialogs in deluge. Probably doesn't matter, but throwing that detail in there. I also have some screenshots, which I will PM if someone needs them.
the numbers outside of parenthesis is the number that you're *connected* to. the numbers in parenthesis is the total. unfortunately, i cant tell why your torrent wouldnt connect to more peers. hopefully the event logging plugin in svn will help you out. let us know