Downloaded files missing

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
instinctive
New User
New User

Downloaded files missing

Post by instinctive »

I have recently installed Deluge 0.5.2 on Ubuntu 7.04 and tried to download some .avi files. I selected 2 files (file 14 & 22) to download from a total of 22, both of which have now finished downloading. I selected a folder for them to download too but they are not there. I have tried to search the computer for the .avi files but they can not be found. Instead of putting the downloaded files in the folder I specified Deluge has now placed the first two .avi files from the torrent in the folder, both of which contain nothing (did not try to download these files). I was hoping someone could help me locate the missing .avi files, which must exist somewhere because Deluge is still seeding them.

Other information which may help:
* I started this torrent after already downloading 4 of the files using another torrent client.
* The folder I chose to put the new files to using Deluge was the same as the original folder used with the other torrent client.
* The files are not hidden in the folder.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Downloaded files missing

Post by markybob »

instinctive wrote:I have recently installed Deluge 0.5.2 on Ubuntu 7.04 and tried to download some .avi files. I selected 2 files (file 14 & 22) to download from a total of 22, both of which have now finished downloading. I selected a folder for them to download too but they are not there. I have tried to search the computer for the .avi files but they can not be found. Instead of putting the downloaded files in the folder I specified Deluge has now placed the first two .avi files from the torrent in the folder, both of which contain nothing (did not try to download these files). I was hoping someone could help me locate the missing .avi files, which must exist somewhere because Deluge is still seeding them.

Other information which may help:
* I started this torrent after already downloading 4 of the files using another torrent client.
* The folder I chose to put the new files to using Deluge was the same as the original folder used with the other torrent client.
* The files are not hidden in the folder.
0.5.2 has a bug where sometimes the selection checkmarks in the file tab dont work properly and are linked to other files. i think that's what happened here. the good news is that it's fixed in svn, but i think you're gonna have to redownload those files. sorry :/
instinctive
New User
New User

Post by instinctive »

Man that is so annoying. I'm most annoyed because this takes up my download limit for the month. Other than this issue I have really liked Deluge. Since it's fixed in svn does that mean this won't happen in 0.5.3?
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

instinctive wrote:Man that is so annoying. I'm most annoyed because this takes up my download limit for the month. Other than this issue I have really liked Deluge. Since it's fixed in svn does that mean this won't happen in 0.5.3?
yup, this should not happen in 0.5.3 . You can also try building the latest svn snapshot & check it out, Andar made an excellent howto for everybody at http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78 :)
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

instinctive wrote:Man that is so annoying. I'm most annoyed because this takes up my download limit for the month. Other than this issue I have really liked Deluge. Since it's fixed in svn does that mean this won't happen in 0.5.3?
that's right, it wont happen in 0.5.3