Deluge re-checks most of my torrents on startup (takes ages)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mushroomchannel
New User
New User

Deluge re-checks most of my torrents on startup (takes ages)

Post by mushroomchannel »

Hi guys. Deluge is a great torrent client, but this issue is just killing me: every time I start Deluge it insists on re-checking most of my torrents. I have noticed that it usually happens when I make a torrent myself and start seeding, or if I already have the file and so I can start seeding without downloading (just join the swarm). In both cases I open a .torrent file, and when Deluge asks me where to save the file, I point to the same place where the downloads are located (finished downloads, so that Deluge could pick up the file and start seeding). Ok, Deluge goes ahead and checks the file for the first time before seeding - that's perfectly normal. But why on Earth does it happen every time I start Deluge?

PS Sorry if the question was asked already, I could not find the topic.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge re-checks most of my torrents on startup (takes ages)

Post by markybob »

mushroomchannel wrote:Hi guys. Deluge is a great torrent client, but this issue is just killing me: every time I start Deluge it insists on re-checking most of my torrents. I have noticed that it usually happens when I make a torrent myself and start seeding, or if I already have the file and so I can start seeding without downloading (just join the swarm). In both cases I open a .torrent file, and when Deluge asks me where to save the file, I point to the same place where the downloads are located (finished downloads, so that Deluge could pick up the file and start seeding). Ok, Deluge goes ahead and checks the file for the first time before seeding - that's perfectly normal. But why on Earth does it happen every time I start Deluge?

PS Sorry if the question was asked already, I could not find the topic.
it only checks if there's something wrong, such as the client crashed and wasnt closed properly. there was a bug in debian a couple of weeks ago, i cant remember if it was in libboost or zlib, but it kept giving deluge bad info so deluge would recheck it every time. this of course got carried over to ubuntu and i'm not sure how quickly they're fixing it, but it's fixed in debian unstable (which is what i use, so i know that's now working again)
mushroomchannel
New User
New User

Post by mushroomchannel »

So I guess I'll just have to wait for this Ubuntu bug to be fixed... No problem, I can wait :)
By the way, is there any special way to close deluge properly? Do I have to pause all downloads/seeds or something like that?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

mushroomchannel wrote:So I guess I'll just have to wait for this Ubuntu bug to be fixed... No problem, I can wait :)
By the way, is there any special way to close deluge properly? Do I have to pause all downloads/seeds or something like that?
file->quit or systray->quit will do