Top Bloke

Re: Stuck "checking", like everyone else

Post by Cas »

Deluge 1.2.1 is now out along with libtorrent 0.14.9

What version you are using?
adi

Post by adi »

Same problem here. I reinstalled Ubuntu (kept my home files) and, when starting deluge, only a few torrents were checked, the rest (about 100) were stuck at 0%. Still, I could start them by pausing and then unpausing each of them.
After installing Deluge 1.2.1 with libtorrent 0.14.9.0, from Deluge PPA, most of the torrents were checked, but 4 of them are still stuck at checking (pausing-unpausing doesn't work anymore).
Zinom

Post by Zinom »

The problem is not longer happening as often as before, but it happens once in a while though... I've noticed that all the torrents that get stuck nowadays is first "sent" to paused state and the status under the Details-tab says "torrent file collides with file from another torrent", at least this always occurs for me. I hope this could help with the debugging somehow!
brodiepearce

Post by brodiepearce »

Any new torrents that I add get stuck checking. Haven't had it recheck any existing torrents except when it starts up without my media drive mounted etc.

Is anyone else getting this problem on new torrents? I just updated Ubuntu yesterday (Intrepid), perhaps something in the updates has done it?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If you are running Intrepid I can guess you are still using 1.2.0? If this is the case I'm afraid we can only bug fix with latest releases which in this case is 1.2.3.
brodiepearce

Post by brodiepearce »

I've installed from the Ubuntu PPA repo so am now running 1.2.3. However, when I updated it removed deluge-core so now I can't run deluged. Was it meant to do that? If I try to install deluge-core the newly installed deluge packages will be removed and (presumably) downgraded back to 1.1.9. :?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

there was a big change from 1.1.9 to 1.2.0 and deluge-core is no longer a valid package. simply install the package deluged either via synaptic or apt-get along with deluge-web and deluge-console, if needed.

this post explains the change http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=15995
brodiepearce

Post by brodiepearce »

OK fixed. :)

Unfortunately new torrents are still getting stuck in checking. :(

*edit*
Looks like they were stuck in checking 'cause I was trying to download to an NTFS drive (root:plugdev owner). I did try downloading to the NTFS drive and a locally mounted ext3 drive before and neither worked, so 1.2.3 has fixed it for me. Thanks! :D
forkandspoon

Post by forkandspoon »

When I run deluged as a non-root user, then add a torrent remotely (probably same if adding local) it never starts and says Checking 0.0% indefinitely.
If I then close deluged, login as root, copy core.conf and modify auth file then start deluged as root, it works.

Must be a permissions issue, as I have only been able to get deluged running as root to avoid this problem.

Running 1.2.3 daemon, 1.2.3 GUI and 0.14.10.0 libtorrent on Ubuntu Jaunty.

EDIT: sorry ignore that, that was not the problem (well kinda). The problem was I had misspelt in my core.conf the download directory I had created for non-root user so non-root had no permission to create it, but root was able to create the misspelt directory causing no problems downloading.
Kreuger
New User
New User

Post by Kreuger »

I was having problems with mine getting stuck as well in 1.3.0 but I realized it was because the drive where my torrents download to was unmounted (secondary internal). After setting it to auto mount at boot, I no longer have troubles.