i dont think UPnP is working for me

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Polygon

i dont think UPnP is working for me

Post by Polygon »

Im currently seeding a torrent that has plenty of peers, like 300, but im only connected to 30 of them

in utorrent in windows XP, im connected to like 100 of them and its uploading at the max rate 100% of the time

in deluge in ubuntu, in the same torrent, im only connected to 28 peers, and my upload rate is almost never maxed, its hovers around like 30-40 kb/s (my cap is 65 kb/s) i also get 0 peers in DHT (says so at the bottom of deluge)

even azureus in ubuntu does better, i connect to a lot more peers and im almost always maxing out my upload.

im not understanding how UPnP works in azureus but not deluge for me... my router supports it because it works with utorrent and azureus, and i dont need to open ports as thats what UPnP is supposed to do... any suggestions?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: i dont think UPnP is working for me

Post by markybob »

Polygon wrote:Im currently seeding a torrent that has plenty of peers, like 300, but im only connected to 30 of them

in utorrent in windows XP, im connected to like 100 of them and its uploading at the max rate 100% of the time

in deluge in ubuntu, in the same torrent, im only connected to 28 peers, and my upload rate is almost never maxed, its hovers around like 30-40 kb/s (my cap is 65 kb/s) i also get 0 peers in DHT (says so at the bottom of deluge)

even azureus in ubuntu does better, i connect to a lot more peers and im almost always maxing out my upload.

im not understanding how UPnP works in azureus but not deluge for me... my router supports it because it works with utorrent and azureus, and i dont need to open ports as thats what UPnP is supposed to do... any suggestions?
it's possible. pretty easy to check, though. click on "test active port" in the network tab of preferences. if tcp shows as open, then your router is properly forwarding the port. about your dht problem, turn off dht, delete ~/.config/deluge/dht.state and then turn dht back on.
Polygon

Post by Polygon »

TCP port 23143 closed on 71.226.63.76

UDP port 23143 open on 71.226.63.76

hmm so that means UPnP isnt working for me with deluge? What do i do then?

and i tried deleting dht.state, but it still says "DHT: 0" at the bottom of deluge
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Polygon wrote:TCP port 23143 closed on 71.226.63.76

UDP port 23143 open on 71.226.63.76

hmm so that means UPnP isnt working for me with deluge? What do i do then?

and i tried deleting dht.state, but it still says "DHT: 0" at the bottom of deluge
but did you turn dht off and on again like i said? and yeah, it seems like it's not working properly. do you also have natpmp on or off?
Polygon

Post by Polygon »

I de-select Mainline DHT
close deluge
go to ~/.config/deluge/
delete dht.state
start deluge
enable Mainline DHT
restart deluge

and it still says DHT: 0 at the bottom.
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (146.71 KiB) Viewed 8132 times
and UPnP, NAT-PMP and uTorrent-PeX are all enabled
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Polygon wrote:I de-select Mainline DHT
close deluge
go to ~/.config/deluge/
delete dht.state
start deluge
enable Mainline DHT
restart deluge

and it still says DHT: 0 at the bottom.
Screenshot.png
and UPnP, NAT-PMP and uTorrent-PeX are all enabled
i didnt say to close or restart deluge :) really, it matters, unless you're not using 0.5.2rc1, but the svn trunk. which is it? with rc1, stop it, remove the file, turn it back on all with deluge being opened. see if that gets it working. natpmp is a different matter. try turning that off and restarting the client and then test the active port again. before you start deluge up, though, be sure that you leave it off for about 30 seconds to make sure that the port is properly released.
Polygon

Post by Polygon »

ah. even though you didnt say restart, i restarted due to the giant honking warning symbol saying "changes will not take effect unless deluge is restarted" :D

but yeah i did what you said and it works. I only got ppl in the dht thing if i started downloading the ubuntu iso torrent, so maybe the torrent i was using didnt have any ppl in dht. whatever, i get people showing up in dht now :D

and i turned off NAT-PMP, shut off deluge, waited a min and then restarted deluge, waited another min and then tried the test port link again, and its still saying that TCP is closed.

and im using RC1 i believe.
smbm
New User
New User

Post by smbm »

Same here, UPnP doesn't seem to be working.

I've tried all the steps listed above to no avail.

I seem to be getting some ok-ish speeds anyway but I'd like to sort it.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
smbm
New User
New User

Post by smbm »

I just tried 0.5.2.

No joy there either.

Ho hum.

If anyone thinks of anything let me know.

Cheers.
smbm
New User
New User

Post by smbm »

Sorry to keep on about this.

Can anybody report that UPnP is working for them?

Also I may need a little help with the etiquette here, is the best thing to re-open the ticket or should I file a new one?

Cheers

Tom