Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
loki

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Post by loki »

If it's not too much trouble try a restart then reinstall... just in case some file was currently being used while it tried to reinstall.
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

Will that cure my ills, do you think? It's struggling with what had already been installed in the 2nd abortive attempt and which cannot now be uninstalled, and I think this 3rd attempt has left more bits and pieces. Argh!
loki

Post by loki »

Hopefully, just reinstall over it after the restart, it'll replace those files you currently have from the partial install.
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

A fresh install of Deluge, and still the runtime error. :(
loki

Post by loki »

Well, I'm going to have to say I give up... at least for now. Unless anyone else has any ideas.
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

I appreciate all your efforts to help me! Many thanks! :)
boredoomerz

Post by boredoomerz »

i've had the same problem... i first encountered this when i was downloading some video file ripped with xvid codecs...
at first i only got this prob once in a while but now it happens almost everytime i download from the same guy with that bad codec history experience.

so i thought if they could somehow add an extra extension at the back of the file during download process, i think the problem will wash away...
Just thinking out loud anyway.
Thanx for the netsh tips by the way...
tinbaktu

Post by tinbaktu »

Same problem here but found out what causes the runtime errors, blocked ip address. If your deluge gets runtime error it is because you got a blocked ip address. Check your ip if it is blocked before running deluge. I use bitcomet to check blocked ip. Deluge will run without any problem's when your ip address is not blocked but will crashed if your ip changes itself.
psych1610
New User
New User

Post by psych1610 »

I get this error to and figured maybe I would chip in whatever I could. Haven't tried updating to ipv6 yet or installing the stuff for network components like one poster suggested. I find I get this error if my laptop brings up a screen saver while deluge is running. I also find it happens only when deluge is doing a lot. For example, about 20 minutes ago when it last did it my laptop had just entered a screensaver I check periodically to see if deluge has crashed) but it was sharing 3 torrents and downloading 2 at decent speeds. So far I've been set with no errors when I disabled the screensaver even though it's only been a few minutes. Will post back in a few hours to see what has happened.

Dave
jasp3r
New User
New User

Post by jasp3r »

Visual C++ Runtime Library Error fix by using CCleaner getting rid of all my old everything, and cleaning up my registry.
I know there are other programs out there for the same purpose this one just happened to be free.
Solid fix so far, been running for about 1day now 20+ torrents.

Let me know if this fix works for the rest of you! :]
-jasp