Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kevin
New User
New User

Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Post by kevin »

So, ever since 0.5.8.3 I've been getting this runtime error after a few minutes of running Deluge:

And when I restart Deluge it'll only run for a few seconds before getting the same error.

Update: I just uninstalled and then reinstalled with version 0.5.8.2 and now I'm getting the same error.

Also, I noticed this should be in the support section. Would a mod mind moving it?
RetupmocSoft
New User
New User

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Post by RetupmocSoft »

confirmed,
0.583 crash after about 2.5Hr fully functional.
powertone
New User
New User

Post by powertone »

me too, my deluge v0.5.8.3 crash more times than the old versions. downloading lost S04E00 & 01 and crash many times. is it because of too many peers connecting. disable most plugins even the default plugins, buts still the same.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I didn't get this error message until I added a +3GB download to my download list. I had a 500MB and a few 80MB torrents sharing for hours without problems, until I added the big torrent
larner
New User
New User

Post by larner »

so.....is this sorted yet or not, its realy annoying and i will be un-installing it all, private torrents as well as this is a pain!

please fix it with a hotfix realse! :(:(
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

larner wrote:so.....is this sorted yet or not, its realy annoying and i will be un-installing it all, private torrents as well as this is a pain!

please fix it with a hotfix realse! :(:(
We're working to release a more stable windows version.
ahmades

Post by ahmades »

I also experiences this kind of problem, It happened when too many peers connecting to the client. I think deluge torrent processing script might be unstable with a certain dll files that involve with outside connections (such as sock, dns and svchost). just IMHO.
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

I have it today. I was using my 0.5.8.3 then this V C++ Error occur after yesterday. I also not sure with what is the cause. Then I uninstall and reinstall 0.5.8.4 which has just released today and yet the problem is still there. I wonder if anyone knows how to clean up everything and do a clean reinstallation??

Help much appreciated.
larner
New User
New User

Post by larner »

Lol if you say the new version still the same then man its annoying! :(

clean re-install would be un-install it from add/remove programs, run a register cleaner such as registeryfix, restart and install the new version but that run error isnt anything to do with the clean re-installation is the program something is messed up!
larner
New User
New User

Post by larner »

Ok i un-installed the prevous version, cleaned the registery and installed the new Deluge version.
It's all working fine and the Visual c++ runtime error seems to have gone, now someone have massioned that when we select and enable a plugin, like: "search torrent" it does not appear as it did in the prevous version, did you know that? and when the program is in "Restore mode" and want to minimize it, the program minimizes and then restores again, it seems like that the program thinks i have double clicked when i haven't!

update: lol i am writing this comment and the runtime error this came up :(:(, but it has been runing well why now :(?