no web ui, partial gtk ui after 1.1.0-RC3 upgrade

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
clarknova

no web ui, partial gtk ui after 1.1.0-RC3 upgrade

Post by clarknova »

I upgraded client (ubuntu 8.10 amd64) and server (8.04 amd64) to 1.1.0-RC3 last night. This morning when I open gtk client I get the daemon showing as online. The stats bar at the bottom appears to display correct numbers, but no torrents appear in the main window.

When I attempt to connect on the web ui I get an error. Here is the traceback:

Code: Select all

--Deluge Error--
Fault : <Fault 1: "<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:inet_aton() argument 1 must be string, not None">
path : /index
file : /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py in close, line 786

--Input--
<Storage {}>

--Versions--
WebUi : 1.1.0-RC3r
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jul 31 2008, 17:31:22) 
[GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)]:

--Traceback--
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/webapi.py", line 310, in wsgifunc
    result = func()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 131, in <lambda>
    func = lambda: handle(inp, fvars)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 61, in handle
    return tocall(*([x and urllib.unquote(x) for x in args] + fna))
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 75, in deco
    return func(self, name) #check_session:ok
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 93, in deco
    return func(self, name) #check_connected:ok
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 48, in deco
    res = func(self, name) #deluge_page_noauth
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 144, in deco
    return func(self, name) #auto_refreshed
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/pages.py", line 103, in GET
    torrents =  proxy.get_torrents_status(filter_dict, TORRENT_KEYS)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 1150, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 1440, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/client.py", line 81, in request
    return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 1343, in _parse_response
    return u.close()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 787, in close
    raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
I then restarted deluged on the server and now gtk and web interfaces appear fine.
db
clarknova

Re: no web ui, partial gtk ui after 1.1.0-RC3 upgrade

Post by clarknova »

On a different client machine (Ubuntu 8.04 i386), I opened deluge gtk 1.1.0-RC2 and it automatically connected to the same daemon. When I choose "Seeding" or "Active" in the State pane I see all the applicable torrents, but when I choose "All" or "Paused" I only see a partial listing, as per the attached screen shot.

I then installed deluge 1.1.0-RC3 and restarted. Same thing. I tried the web ui and got an error page, much like the one I posted above. Here is the traceback from the latter occurrence. I haven't examined or diff'ed it, so I don't know if it's the same as the former.

--Deluge Error--
Fault : <Fault 1: "<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:inet_aton() argument 1 must be string, not None">

--Input--
<Storage {}>

--Versions--

--Traceback--
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/webapi.py", line 310, in wsgifunc
    result = func()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 131, in <lambda>
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 61, in handle
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 75, in deco
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 93, in deco
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 48, in deco
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 144, in deco
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/webui/pages.py", line 103, in GET
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 1150, in __call__
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 1440, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/ui/client.py", line 81, in request
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 1343, in _parse_response
    return u.close()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/xmlrpclib.py", line 787, in close
I restarted the daemon and all is well.
db
gmoyer

Post by gmoyer »

Same problem here with Ubuntu 8.10 (i486). Unfortunately restart of deluged and deluge didn't remedy the problem. Removing ~/.config/deluge, however, did.
madnashua

Post by madnashua »

Same problem here on current Debian testing with both the GTK ui and AJAX web ui. It appears to happen after a few minutes or after a 3 or 4 new torrents are added. Removing the state folder seems to fix the issue sometimes but is a less than ideal fix!
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

the ajax template is still in development, use classic or white instead.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

clarknova wrote:On a different client machine (Ubuntu 8.04 i386), I opened deluge gtk 1.1.0-RC2 and it automatically connected to the same daemon. When I choose "Seeding" or "Active" in the State pane I see all the applicable torrents, but when I choose "All" or "Paused" I only see a partial listing, as per the attached screen shot.

I then installed deluge 1.1.0-RC3 and restarted. Same thing. I tried the web ui and got an error page, much like the one I posted above. Here is the traceback from the latter occurrence. I haven't examined or diff'ed it, so I don't know if it's the same as the former.

--Deluge Error--

--Input--
<Storage {}>

--Versions--

--Traceback--
    result = func()
    verbose=self.__verbose
    return u.close()
I restarted the daemon and all is well.
This is a known issue and has been fixed in svn for awhile now.
DPic

Post by DPic »

gmoyer wrote:Same problem here with Ubuntu 8.10 (i486). Unfortunately restart of deluged and deluge didn't remedy the problem. Removing ~/.config/deluge, however, did.
Deluge will still remember all of the torrents after removing ~/.config/ right?

I was hesitant to upgrade to the RCs but deluge kept bugging me about it so i finally gave in and installed RC3 and now this. It's not a huge deal for me, but i'm sure a lot of people are pretty frustrated. Deluge shouldn't notify about any non-final releases
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

DPic wrote:
gmoyer wrote:Same problem here with Ubuntu 8.10 (i486). Unfortunately restart of deluged and deluge didn't remedy the problem. Removing ~/.config/deluge, however, did.

I was hesitant to upgrade to the RCs but deluge kept bugging me about it so i finally gave in and installed RC3 and now this. It's not a huge deal for me, but i'm sure a lot of people are pretty frustrated. Deluge shouldn't notify about any non-final releases
no, deluge's stores all the torrents states in ~/.config/deluge/session.state.
also don't remove your entire .config directory as that will remove other (non-deluge) preferences.
DPic

Post by DPic »

johnnyg wrote:
DPic wrote:

no, deluge's stores all the torrents states in ~/.config/deluge/session.state.
also don't remove your entire .config directory as that will remove other (non-deluge) preferences.
ah, yeah i meant ~/.config/degluge/

So what am i supposed to do about this? Deluge looks like this! (as you'll notice there is download and upload activity and i have a lot of torrents but deluge is emptyyyy):